Keats' concept of soul-making

Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Keats' concept of soul-making

Postby jen » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:09 am

Hey
I've decided to do a paper on how Keats' life affected his poetry, and I've decided to focus in on his concept of soul-making. If anyone could give me any suggestions on what poems you think I should use in regard to this it would be greatly appreciated. So far I've decided on Ode to a Nightingale and Ode on a Grecian Urn. Note: I'm not looking for anyone to write my paper!! I'm just asking if anyone has some helpful insight into this or notices something in his work that I might be missing. thanks!
jen
jen

keats

Postby lloyd » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:25 pm

keats
lloyd

BigL

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:26 pm

watch the film Debbie does Dallas that may help. Or the poem "my name is john keats i think im a good poet" try "i stood tip-toe upon a hill" as well. Good luck Jen - do u wanna meet up sum time :wink:

say ho?

Postby jen » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:14 pm

Debbie Does Dallas. Check. Meeting up? Not a Chance in Hell. On a lighter note, what kind of bone-head comes on the forum of a long-since-dead 19th century poet to make dirty jokes!!! Seriously, that's got to be one of the most hilariously sad things I've seen!! Honestly, you've made my day!!
jen

Postby BigL » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:02 pm

oooooh jen i sense some hostility...but let me be serious why would i want ot meet up with someone who actually goes on this site to learn - now thats sad. and jen, i know you want me baby
BigL

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays