Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

no flaws in the obvious

Postby thenewaustria » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:10 pm

hello everyone

I guess that means Saturn, Matt, and Despondence

because I cannot think of anyone else who frequents here

does anyone have any more new verse?

and how goes the great romance of Stephen Saturn?

cheers
thenewaustria

How about some of YOUR verse for a change??

Postby Saturn » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:23 am

Welcome back wherever you've been.

Hey, thenewaustria why don't you give us something you've written for once. I don't even know if you write anything or not but you are very persisitent in asking for stuff from us.

Maybe you're bootlegging them - are you secretly publishing them somewhere else you fiend??? Only kidding - I hope you've enjoyed anything I've written - this forum has really given me a place to vent my literary steam once in a while which has been very helpful to me as where else could I do so? Did you read the "epic" that Matt and I wrote together - I really loved that idea.

I have been so bust that poesy has taken a bit of a back burner recently. I haven't written anything at all hardly, just a few scraps of verse.
I'll try and sort them out into something more coherent before I post them.

I can't talk about my private things here - it's too tentative at the moment, but I'm working on it - don't be so nosy!!
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:24 am

Stephen-maybe u should write a short poem which....might just so happen to be an account of a young mans love affairs in the 21st century...Get me? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge.

And referring to my own poetry. I have given up. Despondence has fallen upon me (and know-not our dutch friend-that would be weird!). I think that perhaps I am not well read enough neither experienced enough (at the moment anyway), to write entertaining and interesting poetry.
:? :?
Matt

Postby Despondence » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:43 pm

Matt - I think you should post "The Romantic" on the forum.

And btw, I'm actually not dutch, I just live there (I'm swedish, on a volutary exile in the land of tulips, oranje and bicycle hooligans...)
Despondence

Sad to hear that

Postby Saturn » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:05 pm

I'm sad to hear that Matt has decided not to write any more poesy.
He says that he is not experienced enough or well read enough to write interesting poetry.
Don't be ridiculous!!

I would swap all my reading of the past five years for all Matt's so called inexperience - it's experience of life which fuels poetry - that's why I tend to deal in abstract and remote figures like Greek gods, because I have so little experience of real people and real life to draw on.

Sure you'll say "How can I ever compete with someone like Byron who travelled all over Europe and read supposedly 4000 novels?" - thought is all that is needed. to travel in the imagination is the privelege of us all, not a select few.

The poems I have read of yours all tell me that you have a feeling for words, an understanding of people and behaviour that I can only dream of.

Don't think that despondence lasts for ever, you are young with a whole life ahead of you, a life behind you - draw on the past, the present and your hopes for the future.

As to your hint, hint nudge nudge - the muse has completely deserted me and besides I have been a bit misleading in my posts - my love story is still a strange and delicate one - we haven't even met yet and I am not exactly sure how she feels about me - end of story for the minute.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby thenewaustria » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 am

to stephen Saturn

I wasn't being nosy when asking about your romance, just trying to show cordial interest in your problems

if you don't want people asking about your personal issues you shouldn't post about them on the global internet

just trying to be nice
this world will never end
thenewaustria

Sorry to sound nasty

Postby Saturn » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:02 pm

Sorry I sounded a bit nasty there, I know I shouldn't have discussed my personal stuff on here, so I only have myself to blame if people are curious. I mean no harm to you at all, apoloogies for seeming abot on the edge - I am hanging in the edge at the minute, a bit like Keats and Fanny Brawne, I'm not quite sure where I stand so I'm a bit on the irritable side.

Once again sorry for seeming so horrible, I'm just in a really strange time of life at the minute - it's being turned upside down - for the better I hope.

This world will end, but not too soon...

Peace, love, understanding and good wishes to everyone out there... man!!!

I'm a hippy at heart.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby thenewaustria » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:27 am

no harm done stephen Saturn

I understand what it is to be at the mercy of some female's whim

hope it goes well for you

and this is a bit off topic, but as I logged on I saw that this thread has been viewed something like 48 or 49 times! That seems crazy!
surely between you, Matt, Despondence, the moderator and I we could not have tallied that high
perhaps someone is lurking or perhaps Monroe Doctrine has returned
cheers
thenewaustria

Those mysterious viewers

Postby Saturn » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:06 pm

I know who it is that is viewing these posts all the time and making the number seem so big. It's my secret, so I'm not telling you - so there!!!
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays