On The Subject of Kerry's Prosody

Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

On The Subject of Kerry's Prosody

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:08 pm

If we compare John Kerry's prosody to President Bush, John Kerry is a poet and Bush is a bad grammarian!
Last edited by MonroeDoctrine on Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

There may be mispelled words in my Postings

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:10 pm

Why John Keats is political!

In case the world of Academia has failed miserably to discover the politics behind Keats and Shelly (as usual) let me expose the political facts!

If you'll notice Leigh Hunt who published Keats and Shelly was actually put in jail for some of his political comments against some Brit, and their association with a man like Hunt automatically makes them political to some degree. For academia that is not enough therefore I shall say a few more things....

Shelly's method of attacking tyranny, and explicit discussion of political ideas creates an undeniable fact that he is political! Just read his poem on Napolean Bonaparte as a proof of what I just stated. Since John Keats explicitly is this man's friend, and since John Keats spent huge portions of his time actually reading Plato, Homer, Shakespeare, Robert Burns, Dante, and Milton with Shelly; What would make anyone believe that Keats is not political? It's clear that everything these men are doing is political! JESUS CHRIST, Plato is nothing but political!
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Postby Saturn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:05 am

I think the politics and the political views of Keats and Shelley have been well explored for the past century and a half.

Even the most cursatory glimpse at Shelley's work will tell you that he was deeply commited to a political agenda - I don't think anyone doesn't know that!!
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays