If (like me) you got no cards today, read this

Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

If (like me) you got no cards today, read this

Postby Saturn » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:11 pm

1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much they would
die for you.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they
want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they
don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to
sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. If not for you, someone may not be living.
8. You are special and unique.
9. Someone that you don't even know exists, loves you.
10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good
comes from it.
11. When you think the world has! turned its back on you, take
a look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want,
you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself,
probably, sooner or later, you will get it.
13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about
the rude remarks.
14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel
much better when they know.
15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know
that they are great.
:cry:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

nice way to get out of depression

Postby Starlight » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:27 am

hi,
i think these type of statements or whatever we can say can only make u feel more lonely in this world (the feeling that i have from my not-so-pleasent childhood).
But i like the way u tried to fight with ur inner sorrows (if i've perceived right about ur emotions).
Passion is the ultimate way to your destination!
Starlight

Postby Steen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:58 am

Yeah I have a friend (well, he's sorta become a friend, I never spoke to him much until recently) who is a bit of a depressant. I have often given him as much advice and inspertation as I can. I think I have helped, as people have been telling him to "cheer up and be more confident" for years and when I tell him he seems to pay attetion and do it!
But i think i'll send them to him, he and I often have quote wars (I find a uplifting qoute, he finds one to bring it down, I find a better one etc) and I think by poking fun at being sad it kinda cheers him up. And the whole inproving confidense thing helped no small part...like telling him it's fine if you want to shout "Shut the hell up and listen to me" at his buiness studys group so he can get a idea across...hey he got a high mark from it!
You don't love a women because she is beatiful, she is beatiful because you love her.
Steen

Postby Saturn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:36 am

I suffer from severe depression, but having a sense of humour really helps sometimes - laughter can be the best medicine sometimes :lol: :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:25 pm

Steen: your friend sounds like Marvin, the depressed robot in The Guide ("Life. Don't talk to me about life.")

Look on the bright side - at least we're not robots! We're humans, ergo, we read and write poetry, something I'm confidently betting a robot will never do ;)

"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
don't grumble - give a whistle.."
Despondence

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:19 pm

Yes guys its mine. Glad to see you're all still here. I check the posts often but I never know what to write anymore. I'm discovering other academic topics. I am quite into my urban poetry and here is an urban poem of my own for all those feeling despondent. Draw some hope from it.

A PLEDGE

I used to feel good,
But lately I haven’t been feeling how I should.
I used to smile,
But I haven’t done in a while
And instead of using my head
To make things better I did something else instead.
I went all mental and all hysterical,
Made the people close to me feel deplorable
Its not applaudable is it?
Making the people you love feel shit.
And so now when I think of the past and look backwards
I stop myself and look forward
Cos Looking forward means I can only see
The Man that I’m going to be
And I’m going to make damn sure
That you’re proud of me.
Matt

Postby Starlight » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:26 am

ok, here is one of my poem that i wrote to dig out myself from self-made ditches of depression & isolation:

HOPE

In cold autumn's afternoon
howling silence prevails
dried leaves crushed under my foot
i walk alone
through pathless ways
& sun's last weak rays
falls on my freezing face
i look up on the sky
where pinkish orange clouds
cover the sun
& then i think of my
life full of sorrows
But, i'm not depressed
coz' i know there is
a Day,
after this cold autumn's night.
Passion is the ultimate way to your destination!
Starlight

Postby Saturn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Nice to hear from you Matt. :D

So how are you finding the Uni experience. Is it all it was cracked up to be?? :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:12 am

So So. I miss a lot of my friends from home but I'm making new friends here. Its a gradual process though.

University has had an interesting effect on me in that I find it very hard to read for pleasure. Being an English student I have to read a different book each week and reading under pressure is not an enjoyable experience. In fact, the whole world of academia seems quite detestable at the moment!

Hope you're okay steve-o.

Regards and Merci B Cup

Matt
Matt

Postby Wickers_Poet » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:38 am

I bought my muse earrings and a necklace and arranged for cards and flowers to be delivered. She was thankful but is now spending the week with her lover in Sweden, so that he can buy her a Valetines lunch. So much for my remembering Vals!

BTW must stress that a relationship between us is strictly not on the cards, bit like Fanny & Keats really, I'm financially skint + she's older and has a son. Moreover we've known each other many years, live at about 5 minutes distance, work across the road but have not met! IMAGINE! 8)
Wickers_Poet

Postby Wickers_Poet » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:42 am

Across the road from each other that is.

I wasn't sad at not getting any cards or messages - I never get any so didn't expect. The only Valentines card I ever got was at college and I think even that was a sick joke at my expense.
Wickers_Poet

Postby Steen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:17 am

Never mind. The way I look at it is this: The world was 6 billion people in it. If you belive in Fate then your true love will find you at the right time. If you don't belive in fate then consider that their are 6 billion people in the world, and the chances are one of them is right. You just gotta keep looking for them coz thats a lot of people to get though.
You don't love a women because she is beatiful, she is beatiful because you love her.
Steen

Postby Saturn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:26 am

Yeah, interesting idea, but one which would drive you mad to think of - the "perfect" person may be out there but you may never know or never have the chance to meet them, so we settle for what seems closest to what we think that person may be like.

I met someone I knew who without doubt was my soul mate and the girl of my wildest dreams in every way but it didn't work out and you don't meet people like that every day even if you were to spend your whole life looking for someone.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:18 am

You guys are a load of fun, I must admit. I'm sorry Stephen, but I can't help but smile at your consternation over loosing the girl of your wildest dreams. To my mind you didn't loose anything (except perhaps your virginity, and I won't speculate about that one), but instead you gained a lot of experience.

My first love made me weep when she took off and I was depressed for weeks. Examining our relationship in restrospect, I gradually realized what a bitch she actually was, and how much better I was without her. Another one made me think I had indeed found the perfect woman on the whole planet, until the day she hooked up with someone else and the rose tinted veil fell from my eyes and I saw her for the first time for what she really was, just an ordinary girl like a million other.

Listening to you young Keatses with your heads in the clouds, I somehow feel like Jack Nicholson in the movie "As good as it gets" - the fact that I "get it" makes me feel good :)
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:37 am

Experience is a very brutal teacher.

Now I've realised that I'm it's useless to even try - some people are just supposed to be alone always and I must try and learn to deal with that as best I can, no matter how painful and deeply distressing that thought is to me.

Hope is for idiots - nothing is born of it but delusion and folly.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Next

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays