ANALYSIS TO THE ODE 'TO AUTUMN'

Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

ANALYSIS TO THE ODE 'TO AUTUMN'

Postby michelle » Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:16 pm

NEED SOME IDEAS ASAP REGARDING THE ANALYSIS OF 'TO AUTUMN' ESPECIALLY REGARDING THE RYHTHUM AND IMAGERY OF THE POEM ALSO THE WORD ORDER. HEEELLLP PLEASE.
michelle

Re: ANALYSIS TO THE ODE 'TO AUTUMN'

Postby Guest » Sun May 04, 2003 9:06 pm

Keats is personifying Autumn in this poem as a beautiful lady who sits on the granary floor. The stanzas follow the same pattern and stanza length which imotates the pattern of reoccuring seasons. He also creates a less positive image of the other seasons, which highlights the beauty of Autumn further. By the end of the poem it becomes aparent that Keats is also conserning lifes worth. There is a sorrow that Autumn will eventually end (die) but its life is celebrated in the poem, which could be attributed to Keats being a Romantic poet and also having found negative capability. Hope that helps :wink:

Postby edward » Wed May 07, 2003 9:20 pm

Hi, I also need a little help with 'Ode to Autumn', especially with the rhyming scheme, ABBA etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
edward

Postby fhawk23 » Thu May 08, 2003 1:06 pm

michelle wrote:NEED SOME IDEAS ASAP REGARDING THE ANALYSIS OF 'TO AUTUMN' ESPECIALLY REGARDING THE RYHTHUM AND IMAGERY OF THE POEM ALSO THE WORD ORDER. HEEELLLP PLEASE.

I've just finished an essay on 'To Autumn'. Do you want a copy?
fhawk23

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 1:10 pm

michelle wrote:NEED SOME IDEAS ASAP REGARDING THE ANALYSIS OF 'TO AUTUMN' ESPECIALLY REGARDING THE RYHTHUM AND IMAGERY OF THE POEM ALSO THE WORD ORDER. HEEELLLP PLEASE.

Sorry. Forgot to tell you address. fhawk23@aol.com. I'm currently studying A210 with the OU.

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 1:12 pm

edward wrote:Hi, I also need a little help with 'Ode to Autumn', especially with the rhyming scheme, ABBA etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Edward, I'm Dave. I'm currently studying A210 with the OU. I've just finished an essay on 'To Autumn'. Drop me a note at fhawk23@aol.com if you'd like a copy. (I can't promise it's good, but it might generate some ideas).

Postby keira xx » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:24 pm

fhawk23 wrote:

I've just finished an essay on 'To Autumn'. Do you want a copy?

i would really love a copy please!!!!
keira xx

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:35 pm

Please, send me a copy as soon as you can, on me_ne_metal@hotmail.com, i really need it!!!

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays