please help!

Discussion on the works of John Keats.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

please help!

Postby keli » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:11 pm

hi, i'm doing my a-levels on the internet and need some help with 3 questions, so if anyone has anytime i could really use some help:
1, discuss how far you agree with the belief that keats olds a traditional 19th century perception of women.
2, critically discuss keats' use of classical mythology, mediaeval legend and biblical references to illustrate the adversity of the human condition.
3, examine how keats celebrates the world of nature in his odes.

I know it's alot but if anyone could just give me a little bit of help it would be appreciated as i am struggling to understand and start my essays.

thanks again.
keli

Re: please help!

Postby Steph J » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:57 pm

keli wrote:hi, i'm doing my a-levels on the internet and need some help with 3 questions, so if anyone has anytime i could really use some help:
1, discuss how far you agree with the belief that keats olds a traditional 19th century perception of women.
2, critically discuss keats' use of classical mythology, mediaeval legend and biblical references to illustrate the adversity of the human condition.
3, examine how keats celebrates the world of nature in his odes.

I know it's alot but if anyone could just give me a little bit of help it would be appreciated as i am struggling to understand and start my essays.

thanks again.

I'm not very experienced with the topics in the first 2 questions, but i've done essays on nature. This page might help: (shameless plug i know :D)

http://www.alpheratz.f2s.com/index_files/Page2294.htm

There's more stuff around the site as well.

I'd probably start off by talking about how important nature is to Keats, and the fact there are so many references to it in his poems. The best example i always liked using is 'Ode to a Nightingale'. Comment on various images and always remember to back up your observations with quotes.

Hope that helps in some way :)
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free- free to be me (8 years on, I think I've achieved this ;))

http://www.keatsian.co.uk
Steph J

Postby keli » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:38 pm

thanks very much for your help, much appreciated :wink:
keli

Return to Poems, Odes and Plays