Page 1 of 1

If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:10 pm
by Raphael
If I ever won the lottery THIS would be my first purchase...


http://www.davidbrassrarebooks.com/wp-c ... ?sbook=627


Wouldn't he be pleased his book is so valuable now?

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm
by Cybele
Raphael wrote:If I ever won the lottery THIS would be my first purchase...


http://www.davidbrassrarebooks.com/wp-c ... ?sbook=627


Wouldn't he be pleased his book is so valuable now?


<Drooling with covetousness> I guess Amazon doesn't have *everything*, eh? :lol:

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 pm
by Malia
Wow, I'm amazed that one of his original collections is actually out there and for sale! I expect there aren't many to be found, let alone any for sale. I'll admit that sometimes, when I'm doing the dishes or folding the laundry, I think that if I were able to go back in time to Keats's day and safely return, I'd go buy a few copies of his poems and then sell them off so I could pay off my student loans! :lol: (Hmm. . .maybe buying a lottery ticket might be just a little more practical?)

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 pm
by Raphael
Cybele:


< Drooling with covetousness>


Same here- I really want that book- he might have touched it ....


I guess Amazon doesn't have *everything*, eh? :lol:


NO!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 pm
by Raphael
Malia wrote:Wow, I'm amazed that one of his original collections is actually out there and for sale! I expect there aren't many to be found, let alone any for sale. I'll admit that sometimes, when I'm doing the dishes or folding the laundry, I think that if I were able to go back in time to Keats's day and safely return, I'd go buy a few copies of his poems and then sell them off so I could pay off my student loans! :lol: (Hmm. . .maybe buying a lottery ticket might be just a little more practical?)


SELL THEM!!!!??? I would never sell them- especially to pay loans or bills! :shock:
I would keep them...treasure them.
And if I could go back to his day, I'd want a lock of his hair...

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:24 pm
by Malia
Oh, let me clarify--I would keep at least *one* copy for myself. But, with over $60,000 in student loan debt, I would absolutely sell a copy. Being debt-free would trump even Keats in my world.

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:27 pm
by Raphael
Malia wrote:Oh, let me clarify--I would keep at least *one* copy for myself. But, with over $60,000 in student loan debt, I would absolutely sell a copy. Being debt-free would trump even Keats in my world.


I would rather be in debt and keep his stuff- far more precious than money. And to give it to rich loan companies..eeek no. I couldn't sell his stuff for anything.I'm used to being broke anyway. :wink:

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm
by Maureen
One of my most prized possessions is a Victorian copy of Keats' collected poems - but this beats my book hands down! It's wonderful it's still in existence. I hope it finds a good home with someone who genuinely admires the man and will treasure it....

....since I can't afford it (sniff).

And if I could go back in time, I'd like a personal message written for me by John - or even a poem..... well, a girl can dream.....

Re: If I win the lottery...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 pm
by Raphael
One of my most prized possessions is a Victorian copy of Keats' collected poems


Wow! Where did you find that? Is it in good condition? What year was in published?

It's wonderful it's still in existence. I hope it finds a good home with someone who genuinely admires the man and will treasure it....



Gosh, so do I!
Who knows he might have touched it....



And if I could go back in time, I'd like a personal message written for me by John - or even a poem..... well, a girl can dream.....


Oh yes..how lovely that would be! I would as I said before, like a lock of his gorgeous hair too!