Everyone say "oh no" for February 2021 doth approach...

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Everyone say "oh no" for February 2021 doth approach...

Postby daffodils » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:12 pm

So... the bicentenary of Keats' death is upon us very soon, and I've found myself turning to this place so filled with people who have celebrated his life and work over the years. <3 Is anyone else feeling a bit...you know? Mournful? Restless? Turned inward at, you know, the horrifying reality of mortality as we ponder that this man we've studied the life of was actually capable of dying and did such a thing almost 200 years ago today? (200 years is really feeling like so many and so few, anyone agree?) I feel like screaming out over the edge of a cliff, personally. Oh, boy. Well, I don't know what to say but I want to start a discussion! The best thing we can do is celebrate the life that he Did live, and the good that came from it :')
daffodils

Re: Everyone say "oh no" for February 2021 doth approach...

Postby poemisdue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 pm

Yes February is an especially frigid month... Instead of wanting to scream out over a cliff, these days have me feeling especially quiet inwardly.. Yes mournful, yes restless, but also resigned and so, so quiet... Keats lives on as long as people are reading Keats, speaking his words, sort of summoning him in a way.
poemisdue

Return to Life and Letters