Which letter?

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Which letter?

Postby Raphael » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 am

Robert Gittings in his biography ( page 138 ) makes a reference to a letter in which JK tells an anecdote about a pregnant woman. Gittings references letters 2, 236, Hyder Rollins. What letter is it (to whom)? I haven't read the Rollins edition, got the Grant Scott one out of the library- not seen this letter in there.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Re: Which letter?

Postby Ennis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Raphael wrote:Robert Gittings in his biography ( page 138 ) makes a reference to a letter in which JK tells an anecdote about a pregnant woman. Gittings references letters 2, 236, Hyder Rollins. What letter is it (to whom)? I haven't read the Rollins edition, got the Grant Scott one out of the library- not seen this letter in there.

Raphael -

I'm at school now, so I can't answer your question right this heartbeat-minute, but I can check on it when I get home. I just need some clarification: I have Hyder Rollins' edition of the letters - in two volumes, so I need to know if the 2 refers to volume 2, letter 236, or is it letters 2 and 236? Duh!! I'm sitting here typing all this and realize that I can check on this myself when I get home because I have Gittings' biography, as well. Talk about being clueless!! :oops: Heck, it's Friday and the kids have school tomorrow (yes, Saturday) because of really screwy week due to bad weather, so I suppose that should excuse the slight mental aberration!!
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Re: Which letter?

Postby Raphael » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 am

It is volume 2, page 236 I think.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Life and Letters