keats film

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

keats film

Postby hania » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:30 pm

hello, does anyone know if a film was ever made about john;s life? if so, where can it be found? i would love to see it, and i pray that it does exist, i get excited just thinking about it.
hania.
hania

I found two films.

Postby hania » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:32 am

i made some searching online, and i learned that british actor Ian Mackellen played the role of keats in a film released by the BBC, in 1970.

There was another film , where the actress Janina Faye played the role of Fanny Brawne in the film " John Keats, His Life and Death" The Encylopedia Britannica Films studio, in the year 1973.

Has anyone seen them? tell me please.
hania

Interesting

Postby Castalia » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:09 am

Ian Mckellen as John Keats? :shock: Well, that's one casting decision I wouldn't have gone for. But still, it's intriguing to know that such a thing exists.
'Jack, you have debauched my sloth.'
Castalia

Postby Despondence » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:43 am

Ian McKellen minus 35 years, mind. Not Magneto....
Despondence

Good point

Postby Castalia » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:38 pm

Or Gandalf...
'Jack, you have debauched my sloth.'
Castalia

John Keats His Life and Death

Postby Malia » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:09 am

I believe I saw that one back when I was in college. I was curious to see if there were any movies done on his life as a friend and I put together the beginnings of a screenplay on Keats's life for our Independent Study class.

Basically, it was a short film--maybe 1/2 hr?--meant to introduce people (young students, probably High Schoolers) to Keats. They guy who played Keats was at *least* 40 years old which was a total bummer. The acting was *OK*. It was done up in kind of a psychadelic manner--very early '70's! LOL

Anyway, Masterpiece Theatre it wasn't! :)
Malia
Forum Administrator

Return to Life and Letters