If You Could Ask Keats One Question . . .

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: If You Could Ask Keats One Question . . .

Postby SnuggleKeats » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:05 am

I agree entirely with Malia on comforting him. As for the question.....I'd probably botch it up big time and instead of asking a deep, meaningful question about his many amazing works, pester him about whether or not I could have his phone number, or play with his hair, or something similarly adolescent. The poetry definitely comes first, but if I had a time machine...Ooh, boy. Were there restraining orders back then?
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry."
SnuggleKeats

Re: If You Could Ask Keats One Question . . .

Postby Raphael » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

SnuggleKeats wrote:I agree entirely with Malia on comforting him. As for the question.....I'd probably botch it up big time and instead of asking a deep, meaningful question about his many amazing works, pester him about whether or not I could have his phone number, or play with his hair, or something similarly adolescent. The poetry definitely comes first, but if I had a time machine...Ooh, boy. Were there restraining orders back then?

I know what you mean- he was rather beautiful... :D
Though seriously I don't know what I' d ask him but I'd like to tell him how much he would be loved and admired over a century after his passing.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Previous

Return to Life and Letters