WHOAH!

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Junkets » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:05 pm

Have no fear, I do not blame myself, I'm bemused by it all; it's hillarious. And where do you get off with "I was exactly the same as you once"? :lol: What, you were once enthusiastic and spritely, but now you're just jaded, and spent, like Golem? Good god, pick yourself up, man, you're not the first person to suffer from depression, and certainly not the last, just as I'm not!! And life has a habit of giving us all slaps in the face on a regular basis.
Junkets

Postby Saturn » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:51 pm

That shows the mark of someone who has no idea what having a mental illness involves - phrases like "pull yourself together" "pick yourself up" and "get over it" are the very worst and least helpful things to say to someone in the grip of depression. Sorry to get all serious on everyone, but that's the reality of it.

Far be it from me to have any pretensions of granduer or great intelligence - I am just a loser who has too much time on his hands that's all. I nevr meant to harm anyone, I just am weary of all this kind of thing that's all.

I might as well end my corrospondence here as I seem to have offended so many people.

It was great while it lasted.

Bye all.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Junkets » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:57 pm

I'd put money on you returning to the fold.
Junkets

Postby Junkets » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:14 pm

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Stephen, you seem to be highly regarded and respected by other users of this forum, and I trust for a good reason, I have, on the other hand found you to be nothing other than objectionable.

With regard to the first paragraph of your posting, I'd like to quote your good self,

"How can you make such a judgement - you know nothing about me whatsoever."

I don't wish to discuss the matter further, and quite frankly I'm bored of this mud slinging. Good bye.

"O what a misery".
Junkets

Postby thenewaustria » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:27 pm

Just let it go "Junkets"

I mean, really, if Saturn has problems with depression and it makes him feel better to post about it on this forum then let him

stop being so terse and judgemental

and despondence, you are coming off like Judith Light in some teen movie about "tough love"

being so "straight" with Saturn ends up just sounding mean

I vote that the whole thing be dropped

really, is this a forum for histronics?
thenewaustria

Postby Despondence » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:30 pm

Junkets - you insufferable twit.
Have you no decency? Don't you know when to quit?
So in the end you do turn out to be an asshole. Well, that's your curse, and my shame for mistaking you for a sensible person. You'd do well to use the search engine and find out exactly how much Stephen has contributed to this forum. But then, why bother. You might find things that could cause you respect him, and that would be a bit of a tragedy after all this, wouldn't it.

Oh, and, thenewaustria - you can go fuck yourself too.
Despondence

Postby thenewaustria » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:58 am

Judith Light
thenewaustria

Postby Junkets » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:29 am

Well what can I say? I thought I was coming into this forum to discuss Keats not partake in a soap opera (for which I know I'm partly responsible). Look, I don't know any of you, your histories here, etc., and what has been going on between Stephen and myself I have tried to exercise and amount of objectivity about, and keep it polite, when I would have rather responded with bile. I thought his initial responces to me indicated an instant disliking of me, and I may have been wrong, I don't know, but never the less tried to keep it cool as I wasn't interested in wasting my time bitching. I had assumed that we'd sorted it all out, but the ill feeling contuinued. I attempted to add a bit of humour to my posts, but more fool me; sarcasm does not translate into the written word with ease, and we were back to square one.
Stephen's recent post with regard to mental illness, I'm afraid, I took exception to. He's got no fucking clue about me, just as I have none about him, and it's not something I wish to discuss in a public place. I may well have been out of line in my last post, I let my anger speak for itself.
I don't retract that I have untill now found Stephen objectionable, but, as I added in my post, I know he is respected on this forum, and I hope that I can be proved wrong. I have read his older postings and he seems to be a perfectly affable fellow, and I hope that we can salvage some remnant of what this forum is about.
In summary, sincere apologies to all offended parties, and in particular Stephen. Can we start again?
Junkets

Postby Despondence » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:03 pm

Yeah, I guess it's true what they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I apologize to those I may have wronged, thinking my intentions were good. To Stephen especially. Sorry about this. This was exactly the kind of thing I had hoped to prevent by calling for a moderator, but of late it seems our moderator has been at large.
Despondence

Previous

Return to Life and Letters