Far too much work

The life of John Keats the man: his family, his friends, and his contemporaries.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Far too much work

Postby Junkets » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:26 pm

I am disgruntled. I have been too busy at work, regrettably, to contribute to this dear and lovely forum, and I don't have a computer at home. What is one to do? :x
Junkets

Postby Despondence » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 pm

Welcome to the club. I recently moved and took up a new job, and have had no time at all to indulge in any of my former pastimes, including reading and studying poetry. Which, I guess, is why my comments on this forum of late have been, ahem, less than insightful, let's say. What to do about it? Just try to keep up with events until we get a break, I guess.

Or maybe we could form the Disgruntled and Preoccupied Wannabe Poets Society. That could be kinda cool, and cost nothing - they don't have meetings, because they don't have time.
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:45 am

Despondence wrote:
Or maybe we could form the Disgruntled and Preoccupied Wannabe Poets Society. That could be kinda cool, and cost nothing - they don't have meetings, because they don't have time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Becky » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:50 am

Or we could all leave, all at once, and write poetry in relative poverty. Change your job if you're really that unhappy. If you're just taking great pleasure in moaning (and you could write more poetry in that time), this is what we're here for...
Becky

Postby Junkets » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:30 pm

I would change jobs happily if there was one I would want to apply for (that I had the qualifications for, experience for, ability for, ad nauseam). In the interim I shall continue pedalling my musical wares across the land in the hope that some kind chap (or chap-ess) of good taste would be willing to hand me a wad of cash and a record contract and give me reason to ditch the office job and take to what I do best full time. Incidentally (cue shameless plug), I am off on a tour of the country in a few weeks with my band, so come along and see us if you like. Check our website for dates, downloadable tunes etc. http://www.cajita.co.uk/
Junkets

Postby Despondence » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:15 am

Hey Junkie! - that's really good stuff! Definitely worth sponsoring, I'll buy one off you for sure. So which of the cajitos are you? (juz curious..) Are you a signed band, or self produced? See you got some Evolution stuff and a laptop in there, any chance you guys are messing around with Reason? Anyway, thanks for posting that, keep up the good work!
Despondence

Postby Junkets » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:11 am

Well thank you Despondence. We're not signed currently. We've got some interest from a handful of lables, both major and minor, but that doesn't mean anything till we get a contract (being realistic). Yeah, we use Evolution, and yep Reason as well, not that I have a great understanding of these, I stick to the real, physical instruments...I can get them to work.
Junkets

Return to Life and Letters