New pics I hope

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

New pics I hope

Postby Keats9264 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:40 am

My niece just went to London on a school trip. I studied theater there and visited Keats house back in '89. Anyhoo, my niece is in college and had never heard of Keats until I gave her the movie Bright Star, thanks to our public school system. She loved the movie! Well, my sister and I (her mom) aren't very close, but I try to keep some contact with my niece. Well wouldn't you know she made a side trip to visit Keats House just to take some pics for her dear auntie? (me). So, I will post whatever she's got as soon as I get them, and any stories she might relay.
Keats9264

Re: New pics I hope

Postby Saturn » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks, we look forward to that, there's already several threads with pictures from Keats' House, you should check them out.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Re: New pics I hope

Postby Keats9264 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 am

well sure, it's been there for a very long time and you can punch up a picture anywhere on the internet. And I have my own from my own visit. I mean the guys been dead for nearly 200 years, it's all old hat technically. I was hoping it might show variations on the outside, seasonal changes, different plants in bloom perhaps...I like to look at things like that. Plus ... it's someone who was there just a week ago and most of us haven't - so hopefully it will provide some enjoyment. I have enjoyed looking at the other pics posted here.

Twenty-two years ago there was no one there when I was there and it was in disrepair. Obviously the renovation is done now, which I've seen in pictures. And she said the place was crowded. No doubt still getting some momentum from the movie and the rebirth of interest in Keats once again.

She has a pic of the most wonderful tiny pink flowers in the garden. I know they have renovated the garden to more accurately reflect plants that may have been there at the time and they are planted to bloom in all seasons. However the curator there is reluctant to discuss specifics of the types of flora and fauna for some reason.
Keats9264

Return to Keats around the world