Keats Christmas cards

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Keats Christmas cards

Postby MrsRsCat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Okay, I suppose it is not etiquette to post advertising here, but ............ I just got word that Keats House is to stock my "A John Keats Christmas" cards and two other designs and prints. So excited! Had to tell!
On sale in what was Mrs Brawne's parlour.
Just think ...

Anyone interested can have a decko here http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmandaAWhite or on my website amandawhite-contemporarynaiveart.com or blog.
Right, off to do some serious packaging ...
MrsRsCat

Re: Keats Christmas cards

Postby Saturn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:46 pm

They are excellent, thanks for posting; I'm sure quite a few people here would be very interested in buying them.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Ennis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 am

MrsRsCat wrote:Okay, I suppose it is not etiquette to post advertising here, but ............ I just got word that Keats House is to stock my "A John Keats Christmas" cards and two other designs and prints. So excited! Had to tell!
On sale in what was Mrs Brawne's parlour.
Just think ...

Anyone interested can have a decko here http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmandaAWhite or on my website amandawhite-contemporarynaiveart.com or blog.
Right, off to do some serious packaging ...

Very nicely done, MrsRsCat. Keats, I'm sure, would be quite proud (and Brown and Dilke, as well, considering, technically it was their house!), although I'm not very sure he (Keats) gave a whit about Christmas! Anyhow, despite Keats's view on the whole Christianity-thing, kudos to you, our Keats friend!! :D

Oh! My always observant brother noticed you excluded the Chester addition, which actually "covers up" the Keats-Brown entrance. My thanks to you for that omission; it always bothers me everytime I see artwork of The House that includes that addition. It's especially annoying to me if a caption mentions the painting, drawing, or whatever as "the house Keats lived in for 'x' number of years."
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Postby MrsRsCat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Thank you Saturn and Ennis. I am on a seemingly never-ending and highly enjoyable series of collages of writers' houses (Wordsworth's right now) at the moment but Wentworth Place is of course my favourite.

That wing (even though it provides much-needed space for events) is horrible. Puts the whole place out of balance. And it is a beautifully balanced, weightless sort of building. Almost seems to float.

Afraid the terracotta roundel announcing Keats lived there in the middle is an anachronism which I decided to leave in. Wouldn't be the same without it.
MrsRsCat

Postby MrsRsCat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 am

Stop press! Sales suspended ... Keats House has bought me out!
MrsRsCat

Postby BrokenLyre » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:55 am

Awesome.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Return to Keats around the world