John Keats by Robert Woof and Stephen Hebron

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

John Keats by Robert Woof and Stephen Hebron

Postby Cath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Has anybody read the book on John Keats published by Robert Woof and Stephen Hebron for The Wordsworth Trust (1995)?

"Why should we be owls, when we can be Eagles?" (Keats to Reynolds, 3 February 1818)
Cath
Calidore

Re: John Keats by Robert Woof and Stephen Hebron

Postby Saturn » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Never heard of it to be honest; what's it like? Is it a biography, critical study or what?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Cath » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

I only heard of it recently and haven't located a copy yet; I was just wondering if anyone had come across it. It's apparently intended as an introduction to Keats, focusing on his background and development, and is part of a series (other books in the series look at Wordsworth, Coleridge and Byron). The blurb says that it is "filled photographs of landscapes and cityscapes from his life, portraits of the poet and his family, evocative paintings, and manuscripts of his works and letters".

Hebron also wrote the excellent John Keats: A Poet and His Manuscripts (2009), which contains fascinating fascimiles of some of Keats's manuscripts - a great way to see them without the drudgery of archival research :) .
"Why should we be owls, when we can be Eagles?" (Keats to Reynolds, 3 February 1818)
Cath
Calidore

Postby GreenLarry » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:17 pm

only someone like Jane Campion who calls her audience to know how Keats & Brawne lived is how our poet would have us write ourselves ... someone who knows the words of anatomy in love passions up to the erotic same old same olds... a genuine love of couples finding their words either together or the poet for both ... I would write with my MS Brawne if she would write with me ... perhaps what is missing is a marriage consumated?
GreenLarry

Return to Keats around the world