John Keats & his Circle: 2-Day Conference at Keats House

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: John Keats & his Circle: 2-Day Conference at Keats House

Postby ColSilver » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Sorry to disagree, everyone, but we can't change the fact that Keats ended his days in England at Hampstead and not Barrow in Furness or Hull. Keats House is the epicentre of Keats studies in England and though I'm fortunate in that I live in Oxfordshire, and can get to Hampstead in a couple of hours, I can honestly say that if a conference entitled "Keats and his Circle" were to be held in Hull I would try my best to be there. I wish things were different and that all Keats lovers here on this forum could meet in Hampstead for a couple of days in May 2014, but even if that's not possible, I do believe that we should not denigrate those who are at least trying to make it happen. Just my opinion, I understand some will disagree with me, and I honestly don't mean to offend anyone.
ColSilver

Postby Saturn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Nobody's disagreeing or saying that it's wrong that it's being held in Hampstead, it's very appropriate and fitting. All that people have been saying is that they wish they lived closer. All I was saying is that from the description it sounds like a not very enjoyable academic love-in, not something really for the amateur Keats enthusiast. No disrespect intended to I'm sure those fine academics and Keats scholars that will attend.

Don't really know where you're coming from there.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby ColSilver » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Sorry, Saturn, I misunderstood.
ColSilver

Postby Cath » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm

I posted that John Barnard wrote a book damning Fanny Brawne, but I got my Johns mixed up - the book was "Darkling I Listen" by John Evangelist Walsh :roll: . Just wanted to correct that...

Hope everyone's well!
"Why should we be owls, when we can be Eagles?" (Keats to Reynolds, 3 February 1818)
Cath
Calidore

Previous

Return to Keats around the world