Role of Fanny Brawne cast for Bright Star!!

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Credo Buffa » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:33 pm

I'd be surprised if we saw Shelley or Byron. I'd even expect them to probably cut Hunt out. My timeline is sketchy, but were Keats and Hunt even on good terms toward the end of Keats's life?

Though I'm wondering if Fanny K might make an appearance. . .
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:36 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:I'd be surprised if we saw Shelley or Byron. I'd even expect them to probably cut Hunt out. My timeline is sketchy, but were Keats and Hunt even on good terms toward the end of Keats's life?

Though I'm wondering if Fanny K might make an appearance. . .

Hunt and Keats we're not really on great terms by the time he met Fanny in 1818 and many date his falling out with almost everyone: Haydon, Hunt and the rest to his meeting with Fanny.

I really hope they do show Fanny Keats and also George in some way, as they were central to his concern after Tom's death.

If not it would be like giving Oliver Twist 10 siblings :roll:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:49 am

Speaking of who'd play Shelley, I watched a movie about Shelley, Mary Shelley, and Byron's friendship--I think it took place about the time Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein. Anyway, this was a few years ago (say, 10 or 12) but the guy who played Shelley was Eric Stoltz, an American actor. He did a *great* job--he had all the mannerisms down, even the high pitched voice Shelley was proported to have, and all very realistically done. I guess the only reason I mention this is that there has been at least one decent portrayal of Shelley on screen. Wish I could remember the title of the movie. . .it was one of those "soon forgotten" films, but it was pretty good, actually.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:59 am

Eric Stoltz is a great actor but he's now about 47 and Shelley died when he was 30 :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:12 am

Saturn wrote:Eric Stoltz is a great actor but he's now about 47 and Shelley died when he was 30 :lol:

Well I did say it was 10 or 12 years ago :lol: I guess I'm in a bit of a time warp--Crispin Bohnam Carter. . .Eric Stoltz. . .if this movie had been made 10 years ago, we would have been set! ;)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 am

Malia wrote: Wish I could remember the title of the movie. . .it was one of those "soon forgotten" films, but it was pretty good, actually.

It was "Haunted Summer." :wink:
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:13 am

AsphodelElysium wrote:
Malia wrote: Wish I could remember the title of the movie. . .it was one of those "soon forgotten" films, but it was pretty good, actually.

It was "Haunted Summer." :wink:

Yes, that is it! :) Mahalo!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:18 am

Did you know - useless piece of trivia of the day.

Eric Stoltz was the original Marty McFly in Back To The Future - he even filmed a lot scenes with Christopher Lloyd before being replaced by the director.

How different his career, and Michael J. Fox's would have been if he had kept the part....
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to Keats around the world