Dead poets society

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Dead poets society

Postby Cri » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Hallo everyone!

I'm back after a long time... I'm the italian fan ( maybe the only one on this forum? ) of our beloved poet John Keats.

I was watching at the beautiful Peter Weir movie "Dead poets society" last night and I've noticed that the character of the Professor Keating is in part inspired by our poet...not only the name it's almost the same ( John Keating ) but his signature on the school book it's the Keats'one!!! Very very similar! :P

Lots of love from Italy!
Cri
...ti verrò a cercare nelle tue stanze vuote....aspettiamo un altro viaggio, un destino, un'eternità; e dimmi come posso fare per raggiungerti adesso...
Cri

Postby Cri » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:27 am

Hallo Pale Knight,

I completely agree with you about the movie DPS. Being a teacher myself it's definitely an inspirational film! And there are a lot of quotations from many of my favourite poets...not Keats, incidentally...who knows why! :?:

Cri
...ti verrò a cercare nelle tue stanze vuote....aspettiamo un altro viaggio, un destino, un'eternità; e dimmi come posso fare per raggiungerti adesso...
Cri

Postby Malia » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 pm

I wish they had quoted Keats in Dead Poet's Society, but I suppose the writers gave him a nod when naming the teacher "Keating". Keats or no Keats, though, it is a great film. :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Return to Keats around the world