New book on John and George Keats in the works-I found this

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: New book on John and George Keats in the works-I found t

Postby Cybele » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:53 am

catlover wrote:Hi Everyone,

I found this online and felt I should share with the forum.Apparently someone is working on a book about the Keats brothers with the help of one of George Keats descendants.

Denise Gigante, Associate Professor of English, teaches eighteenth and nineteenth-century British literature with a focus on Romanticism. Her books include Taste: A Literary History (Yale UP, 2005), Gusto: Essential Writings in Nineteenth-Century Gastronomy (Routledge, 2005), The Great Age of the English Essay: An Anthology (Yale UP, 2008), and Life: Organic Form and Romanticism, forthcoming from Yale University Press in spring 2009. She is currently working on The Keats Brothers: The Life of John and George with Lawrence M. Crutcher (a descendant of George Keats) and a book about American bibliophilia and British Romanticism.

Yay & Aha! -- this is the same woman I read about on the Filson Club website before I left for Louisville. Also, there is a "Crutcher" monument and family gravesite next to the Keats family graves in Cave Hill Cemetery. I hope her book is picked up and we get to read more about the brothers' relationship. ... ellow.html
"The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence."
Wallace Stevens

Re: New book on John and George Keats in the works-I found t

Postby Raphael » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Great, thanks for ther link! did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.

Return to Keats around the world