New Keats Website

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

New Keats Website

Postby Steph J » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:06 pm

Hello fellow Keats fans!

I've only recently found this forum, and thought i should enlighten you all on a Keats website i have been working on since February this year. Its got serious bits, and not so serious bits, but I'm quite pleased with its progress. It is regularly updated with extra information, and i would be very grateful if you could take a look and let me know what you think...

http://www.alpheratz.f2s.com

Peace out 8)

Stephanie xxx
Last edited by Steph J on Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free- free to be me (8 years on, I think I've achieved this ;))

http://www.keatsian.co.uk
Steph J

Postby Saturn » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:50 pm

Excellent site - welcome back to the official Keats board - it's a bit dead at the moment... :D

Keats Rocks. And he will rock forever... That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good stuff :wink:

As the most frequent visitor here I bid you welcome as a fellow Keatsian and wish you all the best with your site - looks very promising indeed - I will check it out more in future :wink:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:39 am

Hey that's a very nice site, great initiative (I had some problems with most of the links though....none of those in the main frame worked at all - maybe my browser or smth).

How come you haven't tapped into this forum before now?
Despondence

Postby Steph J » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:55 am

Stephen Saturn wrote:Excellent site - welcome back to the official Keats board - it's a bit dead at the moment... :D

Keats Rocks. And he will rock forever... That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good stuff :wink:

As the most frequent visitor here I bid you welcome as a fellow Keatsian and wish you all the best with your site - looks very promising indeed - I will check it out more in future :wink:

Thankyou very much :) There's also a link to this forum on the guestbook/forum page... a friend of mine created a Keats section on his forum but no one posted there at all.
My fellow Keats Rocks campaigners (Jo and Kelly) have disappeared as far as i can tell- we've left college now but i might see them on A level results day...But it increasingly looks like I'm on my own in maintaining the site, but its ok because i've really enjoyed making it. :P
Thankyou for your comments, its much appreciated. 8)
Maybe I'll find on the way down the line, that I'm free- free to be me (8 years on, I think I've achieved this ;))

Steph J

Postby Steph J » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:00 am

Despondence wrote:Hey that's a very nice site, great initiative (I had some problems with most of the links though....none of those in the main frame worked at all - maybe my browser or smth).

How come you haven't tapped into this forum before now?

Hello, thankyou also :wink:
Yeah, i'm not sure why you had problems with the links.. but i do remember when the site was republished 2 months ago that the links were a bit messed up. I just kept refreshing the pages and it was ok. Hopefully that might work..
I haven't found this forum before now basically because i'd never specifically searched for a Keats forum. Maybe i thought one wouldn't exist... but I've found it now, yay :D

Steph J

Postby Steph J » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:31 pm

I have a new domain name for the site: www.keats.tk, so i edited the above post.

Steph J

Postby Steph J » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:13 pm

ARGH. Advice from me- never sign up with dot.tk because they're CRAP.

Sorry.. i've had to change it back to the original URL

Steph J

Postby Despondence » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 am

Steph J wrote:ARGH. Advice from me- never sign up with dot.tk because they're CRAP.

Well, the www.keats.tk link sure isn't working - is that becuase they're crap or because you removed the index page? if you just registered the domain name, it usually takes a day or two before changes have been entered and propagated to the servers, and the domain becomes availale to the outside world.
Despondence

Postby Steph J » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:59 pm

I got rid of the www.keats.tk domain yesterday because i was so pissed off. I put it back today for an experiment, but its still being STUPID. Click on any of the links and there's just a blank page. WTF?! grrr

Help me please! i'm in despair :(

Steph J

Postby Despondence » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:06 am

Well I don't know. I still get the same stuff as your original site - looks fine, and all the links in the left frame works, but none of those in the main frame does.

Too bad you already signed up for dot.tk - I see that the keats.nu domain is still available, and they're supposed to be reliable.
Despondence

Postby Steph J » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:53 pm

Despondence wrote:Well I don't know. I still get the same stuff as your original site - looks fine, and all the links in the left frame works, but none of those in the main frame does.

Too bad you already signed up for dot.tk - I see that the keats.nu domain is still available, and they're supposed to be reliable.

Meh. :( I'm not sure what you mean by links in a left and main frame. I can only see one set of links on the left. Do you have internet explorer version 5.0 or above? I've only allowed users with 5.0 or above to view the site so the content can be downloaded quicker.

Can anyone else tell me if they can see pages other than the home page via www.keats.tk? If no one can, i'm gonna get the keats.mu one ;)

Steph J

Postby Saturn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:30 pm

Seems to be working fine for me - not too sure about the John Lennon comparison though :o
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:02 pm

Err....ok, my bad. I guess they weren't links at all, the funny-colored underlined boldface stuff - looked like links to me! Sorry bout that.

Guys, your avatars look a bit small and puny; is that the best you can do?
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:28 pm

Is that a challenge Dr Zoidberg?? :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:20 am

So much for reverse psychology... :P
Despondence

Next

Return to Keats around the world