Keats House Reopened

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: Keats House Reopened

Postby Saturn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 am

Excellent photos! Another great find once again Malia...ooh I must get one of those handsome brochures...and are visitors really allowed to sit on the chez-lounge?? :shock:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Saturn wrote: are visitors really allowed to sit on the chez-lounge?? :shock:

That's exactly what I was wondering!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Did they remove the seedling plum tree from the front of the adjacent building?! I remember almost kneeling in front of it to look at the placque...it was sooo cold when I was there and the ground was wet with freeze and rain...all the pics look so warm with all the natural light flooding into every room--the renovations look heavenly...thanks so much for that, Malia--I needed it this morning... :!:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby BrokenLyre » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks again Malia for the links! I have copied all of them so I can access whenever I want to. I just really want to be there....

On another note, I am leaving for Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan tomorrow for a short visit. When I visited there some time ago I saw that they had 95 books on John Keats in their library! I was extremely surprised since that is about 65 more books than most large public libraries. I am now curious as to why so many on Keats...I must find out while I am there! :)
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby wallflower » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:23 am

Hey everyone :) this is my first post, but i've been reading the threads for quite some time now..

anyways.. this news about the home is just great. I'm planning on going on a three month trip next year to visit the places where Keats was born, where he worked, wrote, died, was buried... etc. It's going to be great personal development. This just makes it all the more exciting :)
wallflower

Postby Saturn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Welcome wallflower, I'm glad you're no longer a wallflower and getting involved! Sounds like quite a trip you're making; I hope it's all you wish it to be.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to Keats around the world