Keats Shelley House travel write-up

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Keats Shelley House travel write-up

Postby chopkins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 am

Hello! I'm new to the forum, but I'm a longtime Keats lover (ever since I first read Ode on a Grecian Urn in a freshman lit class!) A few months ago, I visited the Keats Shelley House in Rome. The visit re-ignited my interest and became the subject of a short article I wrote for www.trazzler.com, a travel site dedicated to 150-word write-ups about travel experiences around the world.

To read my write-up, you have to sign in at www.trazzler.com/signup and either connect through Facebook or create a login. Then find my entry #22446 Communing with Keats over the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy -- It's currently ranked 18th out of 200 in a travel writing contest at www.trazzler.com/contests/nyc/semifinalists.

Finally, I would love it if any of you Keats-heads would "wishlist" my trip before 9/14 to help me progress to the next round and spread the word about this wonderful monument to his life and work. I truly felt when I was standing in his room, with his chair, his desk, his bed and his death mask around me, that his presence was very strong there. Has anyone been to the Keats Shelley House and had a similar experience? If not, I highly recommend it!
chopkins

Re: Keats Shelley House travel write-up

Postby Raphael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:33 pm

chopkins wrote:Hello! I'm new to the forum, but I'm a longtime Keats lover (ever since I first read Ode on a Grecian Urn in a freshman lit class!) A few months ago, I visited the Keats Shelley House in Rome. The visit re-ignited my interest and became the subject of a short article I wrote for http://www.trazzler.com, a travel site dedicated to 150-word write-ups about travel experiences around the world.

To read my write-up, you have to sign in at http://www.trazzler.com/signup and either connect through Facebook or create a login. Then find my entry #22446 Communing with Keats over the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy -- It's currently ranked 18th out of 200 in a travel writing contest at http://www.trazzler.com/contests/nyc/semifinalists.

Finally, I would love it if any of you Keats-heads would "wishlist" my trip before 9/14 to help me progress to the next round and spread the word about this wonderful monument to his life and work. I truly felt when I was standing in his room, with his chair, his desk, his bed and his death mask around me, that his presence was very strong there. Has anyone been to the Keats Shelley House and had a similar experience? If not, I highly recommend it!

Hello Chopkins- I only just saw this. i haven't been on here long. I would like to see this room myself; it would be very poignant. Did you get to his his grave also?
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Keats around the world