The Keats-Shelley Memorial House, Rome - Your pictures

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Saturn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Wow Credo - wonderful photos. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Oh I so want to return there now.

Funny when I went there I was talking to the curator and he said I wasn't allowed to take photos inside the museum :?

Oh I wish all of us could just be magically transported to Roma and go on a Keats pilgrimage together and I could be your tour guide to the Ancient monuments too :D

Oh, and Denise when I was there I was nearly crying myself it was intensely moving place for me to be in, and I was alone in there too - it was kind of spooky to think Keats had once just been in that very spot on earth :shock:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:06 pm

Saturn wrote:Funny when I went there I was talking to the curator and he said I wasn't allowed to take photos inside the museum :?

I was told that photos without a flash were allowed. I felt very strange taking them, though. . . almost like it was wrong, so I was there for about 20 minutes or so before I finally pulled out my camera.

The funny thing is, I expected that I would cry, but 1) I was operating on almost no sleep, so I don't think I was emotionally entirely there, and 2) I sort of had my moment while sitting on the Steps a few hours before actually going inside. I got a little teary and choked up, but I was lucky that I had a friend there who bothered to listen as I talked about how it was so important to me that I was there, so I was able to actually articulate what I was feeling and get it out that way instead of have it all emerge as tears. I have to say that my heart rate did jump about 20 beats per minute as I walked up the stairs toward Keats's floor, though.
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:10 pm

When I went it was about 37 degrees Celsius outside so my first impression was just the cool and refreshing climate in the house itself and then I actually went up the stairs, completely missing the floor with the museum on it and going to the next floor, realising my mistake then, after a very deep breath, plunging in there :oops:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to Keats around the world