Anyone Ever Have a Keats Dream?

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Anyone Ever Have a Keats Dream?

Postby Malia » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:17 pm

I figured this topic would fit best in the "sightings" thread :)
dks's talk about "sixth sense" and premonitions got me to thinking about the world of dreams--dreams we have when we're sleeping, in particular.

I figure we're all interested in (read: obssessed with) Keats enough to have perhaps had a dream or two with him--or something to do with him--in the lead.

I've had a few over the years, but one I had back in college sticks with me. I dreamed that I was in Rome during the time Keats was dying and somehow I found the Piazza di Spagna. There, I met Severn who was extremely amiable--though a little bit on the "ditzy" side--and he led me into the building asked me if I wanted to see Keats. Of course, I did! We ended walked up the stairs and stood in a small room with a narrow hallway. Severn got sidetracked with something and I looked down the hallway to see a door on the right hand side and the end of the hall. The door was closed, but I knew in my gut that Keats was in that room. All I had to do was go down there and open the door to see him. Up until that point, all I wanted to do was see Keats. But at that moment, I felt--even in a *dream*--that it would be wrong for me to intrude during his dying moments. It would, in fact, be selfish of me. So, I thanked Severn and left without seeing Keats.

I think this dream had everything to do with the fact that, whenever I read about Keats's miserable last days, I feel like a peeping tom--as if I'm intruding on the most naked and distressing time of his life. And I feel just a little guilty.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:35 pm

That's how I feel whenever I read his letters to Fanny *soaking tissues* :(

I more than certain I've dreamed of him so many times...they are usually not indicative of anything profoundly representative, other than the fact that I'm in love with a dead poet--I'm usually always "looking" for him--like in a party setting...just to steal one single solitary glance at him...watch move and hear him speak...

The our eyes lock and well...you know, he falls hopelessly in love with me and writes me things...calls me his "delicious"--you know stupid, vain, trifling dreams like that. Malia, your dream was much more lapidary and refined. :wink: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:41 pm

dks wrote:The our eyes lock and well...you know, he falls hopelessly in love with me and writes me things...calls me his "delicious"--

I hope I never dream of having anything to do with Keats romantically. I'm probably too practical a person, but I'd be *frightened* to be in a romantic relationship with anyone like Keats. Just a tad too "intense" for my taste :lol:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:18 am

Ugh, I never have interesting dreams! Firstly, I barely have any dreams that I remember on waking in the first place, and secondly, the ones I do have are either too irrationally bizarre or too emotionally disturbing to contain anything so simple as "meeting" anyone like Keats in them.

How did you meet Severn in your dream, Malia? Did he introduce himself, or did you just know it was him somehow?
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Malia » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:21 am

Credo Buffa wrote:How did you meet Severn in your dream, Malia? Did he introduce himself, or did you just know it was him somehow?

I knew it was him because he looked *exactly* like Crispin Bohnam Carter in Pride & Prejudice! :lol: Just kidding! (Though he did look a *little* like that.)

Actually, as I think on it, we just seemed to know each other. I don't think we were introduced. . .he was so amiable that he was happy to make friends right away.

Most of my dreams are bizzare, too. Though, None so bizzare as the time I almost married Johnny Cash! :lol:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:39 am

Malia wrote:
Most of my dreams are bizzare, too. Though, None so bizzare as the time I almost married Johnny Cash! :lol:

Were you a fan before, or after Walk The Line? :wink:

Are we talking about the 'real' Johnny Cash or Jaoquin Phoenix's Johnny Cash?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:45 am

Malia wrote:I knew it was him because he looked *exactly* like Crispin Bohnam Carter in Pride & Prejudice! :lol:

Bwa ha ha!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only dream I've ever had (that I can remember) with any celebrity of any kind in it was a really short one in which Orlando Bloom (who is far too pretty for my taste and doesn't pique my interest whatsoever) kept putting his arm around me. I was trying to focus on some task at the time, and was getting really, really annoyed with him and kept pushing him away. :P
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:57 am

Marrying The Man in Black...hmmmm....very interesting, indeed, Malia--I would imagine Johnny Cash was pretty intense, too!

Orlando Bloom? Yes, I agree that he is too pretty.

I've had a weird recurring dream about Johnny Depp for some years now...we are dressed to the nines...he in a tux and me in a satin gown--I mean, ballroom-like...and we just proceed to dance; it's always out under a gazebo in a beautiful oak tree-lined park...the sun just about to set--around twilight time...I love that dream--it's simple, but it says much. :?
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:03 am

dks wrote:Marrying The Man in Black...hmmmm....very interesting, indeed, Malia--I would imagine Johnny Cash was pretty intense, too!

I've had a weird recurring dream about Johnny Depp for some years now...we are dressed to the nines...he in a tux and me in a satin gown--I mean, ballroom-like...and we just proceed to dance; it's always out under a gazebo in a beautiful oak tree-lined park...the sun just about to set--around twilight time...I love that dream--it's simple, but it says much. :?

OK, now *that's* a dream I wouldn't mind having! I love Mr. Depp :) I guess there's a romantic soul in me after all!

And you all are right--Orlando Bloom is waaay to pretty for his own good ;)

As far as my Johnny Cash dream, I had it way back in High School so it was well before "Walk the Line". And I didn't marry him--I narrowly escaped! :) Though he was a little too old and "world worn" for my taste romantically, I love his music and his social messages.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:40 pm

I don't believe I've ever dreamt about Johnny Cash :wink: . I had one dream about Keats though. I was standing, I do believe, on a street but everything was white around me. I sensed that there were buildings around me, but all I could see was white and then John materialized a few feet to my right. He just looked at me and I couldn't really read the expression on his face but I was about to speak to him and my vision was obsured by a large, dark, feathered wing. And everywhere I turned there were these huge wings around me, slightly beating but not really flapping or anything. It was strange because I was essentially trapped but I didn't feel that way. There was a protective aura about the whole thing. Then I woke up. The really strange/kinda scary thing about the dream was later on in the day when I was cleaning my room, I found a large pile of white pin feathers under my bed. No idea where they came from, but I don't sleep with a feather tick or pillows because I'm allergic to them. I had a lot of strange things happen in the apartment after that but who knows? It was just odd.
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Credo Buffa » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:01 am

Wow, that's kinda wild. Seems the kind of dream that would be full of symbolism (if you're into that sort of thing).
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 am

I never have good dreams - mine always end badly :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:37 am

I envy your delicious dream, AE!

I had an *experience* regarding Keats--but I have never posted it...because, well, erm...no one would believe me...
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:39 am

Was it a wet dream? :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 am

Saturn wrote:Was it a wet dream? :wink:

...always... 8) :P

...nah, really...you guys will only nod and say, "Yep, she really is a few sandwhiches short of a picnic..."
dks
Dante

Next

Return to Keats around the world