Anyone Ever Have a Keats Dream?

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Credo Buffa » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:54 am

dks wrote:...nah, really...you guys will only nod and say, "Yep, she really is a few sandwhiches short of a picnic..."

I for one can say with absolute certainty that I would never say such a thing.

(. . . if only because I wouldn't choose that expression. I'd be more likely to say "a few fries short of a happy meal.")
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Malia » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:59 am

AsphodelElysium wrote:I don't believe I've ever dreamt about Johnny Cash :wink: . I had one dream about Keats though.

Wild dream! How awesome is that. I love dreams, especially weird eccentric ones. The feathers bit was especially intriguing. How in heck did they get there? If they were *black* feathers, I'd be even more amazed than I already am! I wonder what Keats symbolized in your dream. . .and the bird. . .hmm. . .I'm getting some ideas here. . .
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:29 pm

You should share dks!

My dream was probably brought on by the time of the year (October) and the fact that I was doing research for my thesis paper on Keats. I can't explain the feathers though, or the fact that for the rest of the month my apartment seemed to be haunted (really weird stuff, slamming doors, cold rooms, etc.). My roommates experienced stuff too or I'd say I was crazy, so no one should feel bad.

I thought about the nightingale too, Malia, but it wasn't a bird, just lots and lots of really huge (like as tall as I am) dark, brown wings. One of my professor's suggested I had a brain tumor (geez thanks, right :roll: ). I don't, by the way, but it made me feel weird about sharing what was going on. What I'm driving at is, thank you all for not thinking I'm nuts.

Malia, I love your new avatar!
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Re: Anyone Ever Have a Keats Dream?

Postby Raphael » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 am

I had an interesting one a few nights ago. I dreamt John was sitting in the Brawne's parlour and Mrs Dilke and Mrs Brawne for some reason were giving him grief about making a living so he could marry Fanny- they gave him two options to choose. One seemed to involve living in a house in the country, doing what I don't know- you know how vague dreams can be.
Well he said to them that he would have to consult with Fanny before he made any decision, and they said no, he should think there and then and tell them what it would be. He refused! He got up and went upstairs to Fanny's room, and for some reason she wasn't in her day clothes ( so it must have been the morning). He knocked on her door and as she opened it one of Sam's friends came out and left. He said " I need to talk to you about a decision we have to make, please get dressed and come downstairs." Or something like that. She agreed and then told him the lad was only Sam's friend and she hadn't been doing nothing improper, to which he said that he knew that. She seemed pleased he wasn't suspicious ( and it's true she hadn't done anything improper- it seems the lad had wanted to see Sam who seemed to be out). I think that was all there was to it, but what struck me was how John stood up for himself against Mrs Dilke and Mrs Brawne- he was going to do as he wanted!
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Re: Anyone Ever Have a Keats Dream?

Postby Fanny » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 pm

I have to work on Keats' poems for at least 2 years so I read a lot and after watching Bright Star, I dreamt I was Fanny, meeting Keats in a theater. We talked about literature and art for a while before he left to visit his friend Charles Brown. Nothing romantic but quite cool. It made me realise I was growing obsessed with Keats but, that's okay.
Fanny

Previous

Return to Keats around the world