John Keats literary game?

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

John Keats literary game?

Postby keatsclose » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:50 pm

I've just spotted this while googling: a gaming group, gmac.yoyogames.com, are apparently interested in
creating a 'John Keats literary game' !
keatsclose

Re: John Keats literary game?

Postby Malia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:01 pm

That's interesting--what would it entail? How would it be played?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby keatsclose » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:55 pm

It seems that website's forum members are discussing a Keats computer game, though the idea isn't developed. One member comments that violent content would be inappropriate - and I instantly thought of our hero battling the kitten-torturer. JK as a fantasy hero - what would he have thought of that?

The notion of a board game crossed my mind, a sort of Game of Keats's Life with 'good luck' cards (gain an extra turn if e.g your poetry is well received/you make a helpful friendship/go on an inspiring journey) and 'back luck' ones (miss a turn if you suffer the loss of a family member/are tricked by Abbey/fall out with Fanny). But the conclusion would of course always be the same.

An alternative might be the Romantic Poet game where the objective is to gain critical acclaim/notoriety while managing to avoid dying of, say, drowning/dying of a fever in a war of independence/consumption/suicide. The winner,of course, would be Wordsworth. I hate to think how his website must be!
keatsclose

Postby keatsclose » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Oops, I meant 'bad luck'
keatsclose

Postby BrokenLyre » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:04 am

Funny game.

I can just imagine the game now... if you are low on funds, and you happen to stop on Brown's square, receive 20 pounds. Land on Haydon place and you lose 15 pounds. Land on Abbey Place, and you go back to start! Ha ha ha
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Saturn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 am

Monopoly: Keats edition :mrgreen:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Raphael » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:31 pm

BrokenLyre wrote:Funny game.

I can just imagine the game now... if you are low on funds, and you happen to stop on Brown's square, receive 20 pounds. Land on Haydon place and you lose 15 pounds. Land on Abbey Place, and you go back to start! Ha ha ha

:lol:
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Keats around the world