Keats Wiki?

What do you like and dislike about this site? How could we improve it?

Moderators: Saturn, Malia, Thilo

Would you use a Keats Wiki if it existed?

Yes (I would contribute)
100%
Yes (I would only read it)
No votes
No (enough Keats sites already)
No votes

Total votes : 5

Keats Wiki?

Postby Despondence » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:06 am

For some time I've been thinking that a Keats wiki would be a great addition to the john-keats.com site and its forum. In particular, I see a FAQ for the forum as a crucial component that is currently missing. A Wiki allows any user to edit the page through any browser, and would thus distribute the work load of contributing and editing information in the FAQ.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there insterest and support from the members of this forum to contribute information to a Keats FAQ wiki page? This is the poll question.

And secondly, does anybody here feel comfortable enough with wikis to take on the job of setting one up?

If the answer to the latter turns out to be "no", I could potentially do it myself, although I don't have a lot of expertise in the field, which is why I'm hoping someone with the know-how will feel compelled to volunteer :)
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Never heard of a 'wiki' but I'd be glad to help out if I can Despondence :wink:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Thilo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Despondence and Stephen,

I have in fact an almost finished rilke-wiki for my german site www.rilke.de. So as for the infrastructure and the integration into the site, I could manage this within the next months. Afterwards, the real work is to enter content in a usefull way. In this point, I would need your help. Putting the first content into a wiki is not obvious but technically not very difficult either once the databank-backend is installed.

I will go on vacation know and move to a different town afterwards, but after that I would love to set up the wiki with you!

Thilo
Thilo
Site Administrator

Postby Despondence » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Thilo - that sounds great, best possible solution :) Which Wiki are you using? I'm only moderately familiar with the open source DokuWiki (I actually borrowed parts of their CSS style for my own home page just because it looks so nice and clean). But that's not a big issue, just thought if you are using one that is documented on the web I could start learning the ropes a bit.

Anyway - I actually started on some basic contents for a Keats FAQ some (long) time ago, when I first had this idea. This may serve as a starting point for putting content into the wiki, or just a scratch pad to iterate around. I'm sure at least Stephen C will be willing to pitch in with a lot of the initial contents.

Have a nice vacation, and let us hear from you when you are back and ready to take on this project - I think it will be very interesting!
Despondence

Postby Richard » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:01 am

Saturn never heard of wiki. :o
Some sort of time machine isn't it? :roll:
Richard

outer limits

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:45 am

fuch Saturn i thought you got in thier .
i did pm u ugot it?
Hairy Hypomanic Hi Wire Piss Artist :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :shock: :twisted: :?: :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ricard
Richard

Postby Saturn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:12 am

You make no sense whatsoever.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Feedback