Audio Files of Keats Poems and Letters

What do you like and dislike about this site? How could we improve it?

Moderators: Saturn, Malia, Thilo

Audio Files of Keats Poems and Letters

Postby Malia » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:03 am

Stephen,
I have an idea for the site. I don't know if you've already considered this--forgive me if it's a "repeat" idea--but I thought it would be fun if there was a place on the site where we could put audio files of Keats's letters and poems read aloud by us fans. In order to savor all its nuance, poetry is best read aloud, I think. Keats is *especially* pleasing to the ear. I think that aspect of his poetry--the richness and musicality of it--would be well-served with audio readings. I would be more than happy to contribute, if you think it's technically feasible. In fact, I'd be happy to contribute audio recordings of some of his famous letters, too. I'd love to hear several different readers' spoken interpretations of the same poem, too. It would show--in a vivid way--how different our interpretations are--just by the tone we use and the emphasis we place on certain words. Anyway, there's an idea for you! :D
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:58 am

What an excellent and exciting idea :D - I'll definitely think about that - I could do a few myself and anyone wanting contribute their own could do so.

Just make a new thread in the miscellaneous section and post away 8)
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Feedback