O Blush Not So

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

O Blush Not So

Postby Sen10r » Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 pm

I have a paper and I choose John Keats as my poet. We are supposed to write about how a poem differs or is simliar to the poets usual poems. However I can't find anything about how the style of O Blush Not So is similar or different to Keats usual style. Any advice or sites I can use to help it would be much appreciated
Sen10r

Re: O Blush Not So

Postby Raphael » Mon May 24, 2010 2:19 am

Sen10r wrote:I have a paper and I choose John Keats as my poet. We are supposed to write about how a poem differs or is simliar to the poets usual poems. However I can't find anything about how the style of O Blush Not So is similar or different to Keats usual style. Any advice or sites I can use to help it would be much appreciated

Have you been asked to choose this specific poem? It's one of his lesser well known ones and seems to have been written to be a song- sometimes he wrote poems on his evenings out when someone was playing the piano. He did write afew similar poems like this. It might be better (if you have a choice) to choose The Cap and Bells as it was probably his last poem and does differ in style to his other poems in that it is satirical. The Crafticant is interesting in that it can be seen as anticipating air travel.He didn't finish it probably as by this time he was seriously ill with Consumption (TB).Some of the characters in it are satirical portraits of people from the Regency period- Lord Byron is believed to have been the character of the king, Elfinan. This poem is the first time John wrote in a satirical style. The poem shows his wit and ability to use caricatures.
Here is a link to a little article that might be of help and interest to you:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-20290894.html
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Sen10r » Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm

We didn't get a spefic poem I just really like this poem for some reason so I wanted to write about it. However Im not really familiar with John Keats poetry. Just for the sake of asking is their a site that supports your statement?

Raphael wrote: seems to have been written to be a song- sometimes he wrote poems on his evenings out when someone was playing the piano.
Sen10r

Postby Raphael » Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 am

Sen10r wrote:We didn't get a spefic poem I just really like this poem for some reason so I wanted to write about it. However Im not really familiar with John Keats poetry. Just for the sake of asking is their a site that supports your statement?

Raphael wrote: seems to have been written to be a song- sometimes he wrote poems on his evenings out when someone was playing the piano.

In his letters he wrote that he sometimes composed his poems to music- the Grant Scott edition of his letters is well worth getting- John often included his poems in his letters to his friends so you get to see the context and background to them.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Help and Homework