John Keats essay help.

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

John Keats essay help.

Postby Cowden » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I know it's stated to use the search bar at the top to research these sort of questions; and its pretty clear why. Unfortunately, I am extremely strapped for time between teaching and sleeping.

My little sister needs to write a bit about John Keats' life. I like to think I know a bit about John's life, but this is a fairly new subject of interest for me; and I don't want to be wrong :P Its a flaw of mine.

If someone more knowledgeable than myself (which isn't a stretch) could answer some pretty brief points, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Date Born, Birth Place, Married?, Parents, Education, Where he lived?

And a question that I find to be more complicated: What are some connections between John Keats' poetry and the romantic era.

Any help would be really welcomed :)

Cheers,
Cowden
I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest. -John Keats
User avatar
Cowden
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:46 pm
Location: Beijing, China

Re: John Keats essay help.

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 pm

This site will have all this info- look on here:

http://www.john-keats.com/

Someoen else asked the q re the romantic stuff earlier - you will find it on the homework thread.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
User avatar
Raphael
Milton
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: wandering Keats' poetry

Re: John Keats essay help.

Postby Miranda » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Here are a few points that I believe Keats affected the romantic era:

He was not afraid to write his thoughts onto paper even tho there were strict rules in place by the government to reform freethinking
 
Keats Poetry was about Nature and being truthful to ones self. A good example of this is in the concluding lines of “Ode on a Grecian Urn” “Beauty is truth, truth beauty – that is all / you know on earth, and all ye need to know”
 
Keats writing had a lot of political attributes. He did this because of his lack of education, non-rhyming, and low diction in his poetry
 
His writing reflects what was socially current at the time
Keats used moral and political ideology to explore the realm of pure imagination
Miranda
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:23 pm
Location: Mississauga Canada

Re: John Keats essay help.

Postby Saturn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:52 am

Miranda wrote:Here are a few points that I believe Keats affected the romantic era:

He was not afraid to write his thoughts onto paper even tho there were strict rules in place by the government to reform freethinking


There were, and are libel laws yes, and the Hunts' Examiner sometimes pushed them beyond the limits; their criticism of the Prince Regent landed them in prison but that was in politics, in art people could write and create whatever they wanted pretty much and Keats certainly wasn't restricted in any great way apart from making minor changes to poems like The Eve Of Agnes.

Miranda wrote:Keats writing had a lot of political attributes. He did this because of his lack of education, non-rhyming, and low diction in his poetry
 


That is both very unfair and grossly misleading: Keats recieved an excellent education at Clarke's School and in some ways, a more modern, liberal education than anything available at the so-called great schools like Harrow and Eaton. His only real deficiency [if you could even call it that] is that he didn't learn Greek, but he was taught Latin, and famously translated Vergil's Aeneid at school and his French we are told was excellent so to say he had a lack of education is extremely mistaken. He may not have went to University but even a cursory glance at his letters and poems show that he was highly educated indeed.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 3939
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:16 am

Re: John Keats essay help.

Postby Raphael » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Miranda wrote:Keats writing had a lot of political attributes. He did this because of his lack of education, non-rhyming, and low diction in his poetry


Saturn wrote:
That is both very unfair and grossly misleading: Keats recieved an excellent education at Clarke's School and in some ways, a more modern, liberal education than anything available at the so-called great schools like Harrow and Eaton. His only real deficiency [if you could even call it that] is that he didn't learn Greek, but he was taught Latin, and famously translated Vergil's Aeneid at school and his French we are told was excellent so to say he had a lack of education is extremely mistaken. He may not have went to University but even a cursory glance at his letters and poems show that he was highly educated indeed.


I agree Saturn- John was a very educated young man- so what if he didn't go to university? I have been to university and by reading his letters and seeing how articulate and knowedgeable he was, I think he was better educated than I.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
User avatar
Raphael
Milton
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: wandering Keats' poetry


Return to Help and Homework

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests