Quest for a text

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Quest for a text

Postby JohnD » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:00 pm

I'm trying to find the text of a poem for my 96 year old Mum. Not personally being into poetry this is a bit of a problem for me!!

She is looking for thte whole of hte work, which I believe is by Keats which starts
"A thing of beauty is a Joy forever........

I would be most grateful if anyone can help me

Thanks in advance

John
JohnD

Postby Despondence » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:50 am

"A thing of beauty is a Joy forever........

That's the first line of Book I of Endymion.
That very first verse stands as one of the most beautiful pieces of poetry ever written, is you ask me.
Despondence

Re: Quest for a text

Postby jamal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Hye dear friends. :) i m jamal from pakistan.actually i m fond of romantic poetry.i want to know some useful summery or main ideas about KEATS' poem........

" A thing of beauty is a joy forever."
im sorry my english is not good.plz dont mind it :?
jamal

Re: Quest for a text

Postby BrokenLyre » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:23 am

I would go to Google and type in "A thing of beauty - poem" and see the responses. You can find many fairly good summaries on the web. (I found a few in a few minutes).
Hope this helps.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Return to Help and Homework