Keats MLA thesis

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Keats MLA thesis

Postby dks » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey all.

I wanted to share and give you an update on my progress--non yet to really report as I've yet to put pen to paper--I have been accumulating sources and building my biblio. However, I wanted to tell you all about my lovely thesis professor. She is the Romantics professor where I attend and she is a plethora of profound knowledge--not to mention professor Emeritus--anyway, I digress...she went ahead and gave me an 'A' in the entire course...and I've yet to submit the paper! I asked her why she did this and she said, "I have faith in you." I don't technically have to have the thesis written until the beginning of July. But--the grade speaks for itself--now I have to deliver that "superior quality thesis" my dean thinks I can churn out because of the level of research I endeavored to embark upon...I will be looking to my forum family for emotional support in the coming months--not to mention feedback...

:shock: :shock:

The pressure is overwhelming...
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby darthoutis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:32 am

Meh, quite obviously Dr. Linsley possesses Divine Providence. I always knew she did.
What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?
darthoutis

Postby dks » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Yeah...it'll take something nearly divine for me to deliver what they think I can... :shock: :?
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby darthoutis » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:55 am

Well, we're all divine here on the Keats forum!

So start your supplicating!

By the way, I had a two hour thesis meeting with Dr. Brand today. I'm going to try to argue the impossible, that I do, in fact, know infallibly the mind of Milton.

How's that for a challenge?
What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?
darthoutis

Postby dks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:00 pm

darthoutis wrote:Well, we're all divine here on the Keats forum!

So start your supplicating!

By the way, I had a two hour thesis meeting with Dr. Brand today. I'm going to try to argue the impossible, that I do, in fact, know infallibly the mind of Milton.

How's that for a challenge?

You know, I think I'm asserting the very same thing in my thesis. I have decided to go in a direction which states that Keats was a synasthete. I will be calling upon my own lame little synaesthesia--every word in the English language reminds me of a food--a specific food--so, when I read, I can literally taste the words--*GUFFAW* as if that little encyclopedic factoid about myself puts me anywhere near the vacinity of knowing his mind...his genius ability to unite the senses--his commingling of taste, sound, color, and the resulting transcendent state of the spirit or soul... :shock:

I will say, however, that my thesis director liked my assertion and she's on board with it. :)
dks
Dante

Postby sarah7750 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:00 am

god ,i have started a new essay on keats from the point of view ofthe ecocritisism , unfortunately, i got stuck!!
god help me ,and keats help me
sarah7750

Postby Saturn » Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 am

Welcome Sarah :D

Ecocriticism?

What do you mean by that? :?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue May 08, 2007 5:03 am

Sarah, I posted a reply to your question in the other thread--Keats Around the World.
dks
Dante

Return to Help and Homework