Please help, getting desperate!

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Please help, getting desperate!

Postby dim.conceived.glories » Wed May 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Dear All,

I have an AS exam on Keats coming up, and while revising I discovered that I don't possess any adequate notes on 'On The Sea'. Could anyone perhaps point me in the right direction of a good analysis on the internet or even post with their own analysis? I'm doing my best to analyse it but would like someone else's opinion, and if anyone could help I'd be eternally grateful! I have already searched to see if there are any good notes on here but there aren't any in great detail...

Thanks.
dim.conceived.glories

sea

Postby Apollonius » Mon May 21, 2007 5:22 pm

I teach this course and don't bother with this poem. (I'm assuming you are doing AS with Edexcel). My son is doing this exam too and I haven't mentioned it to him as significant. It is an early poem and very unlikely to come up as a specific poem in a question. Stick to the main poems as that is where they usually go for questions. The only reason to get involved in it is if you have a personal enthusiasm for the poem and want to use ideas in it to answer one of the "free choice" questions.

Since the exam is on Friday, I strongly suggest you stick to the poems you already know and love. I have been very impressed with what you have had to say on other threads. You have plenty of knowledge and appreciation of the poems. If you want to do some more work opn Keats, I suggest you concentrate on AO4 which is the one about opinions. Look online for people who denigrate Keats's work (starting with Byron) and think how you would counter their views.

Best of luck, though you don't need it!
The tygers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.
Apollonius

Postby dim.conceived.glories » Mon May 21, 2007 11:03 pm

Thank you so much, that's put my mind at rest! It's not one of my favourites so as you said I think I'll leave that one; I've managed to work out a basic analysis of the language etc. so I could answer a question if one did happen to come up, but I don't suppose I'll need it.

Thank you also for the tip on AO4, I'll have a look at that tomorrow. =)
dim.conceived.glories

Help 4 u

Postby Purple Dinosaur » Wed May 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Purple Dinosaur has returned from its slumber to help you understand keats, now bow to your god.
Purple Dinosaur

Postby Saturn » Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Okay......... :arrow:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Help and Homework