Map of walking tour?

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Map of walking tour?

Postby BB » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:45 am

Any idea of where to find a walking tour map of Keats's tour around the Lake District?
BB

Postby BrightStar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:30 am

Hi - Try Carol Kyros Walker's beautiful 1992 book, Walking North With Keats.' It has a map and photographs of the places he visited.
BrightStar

Postby Saturn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Blimey that must be the longest time it's taken for someone to get a reply to a thread...

The original poster I'm sure has forgotten he/she posted that request over four years ago :lol:

But thanks very much for the information Bright Star, that's a book I've never heard of before.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Re: Map of walking tour?

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:31 pm

I poked through this book in my college library once upon a time. I always meant to go back and read it; the photos are lovely.
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Malia » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes, I remember looking through that book when I was an undergrad. I remember her talking about several spots where she could not follow Keats's footsteps exactly because they'd turned those areas into highways. She did a great job of getting as close to the mark as possible, though. I've wanted to trace Keats's steps on a similar walking tour for years now. Someday (when I win the lottery or when the dollar is finally worth something again in the exchange rate :roll: ) I will!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Yes indeed Malia I'd love to do the Keats walking tour myself as much as it is possible to do these days.

I'd love to find a copy of that book.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Help and Homework