Bibliography on this site

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Bibliography on this site

Postby indian » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:56 am

how would i do a works cited -or bibliography on this website..considering that no ONE person has written or sponsored this site =S
indian

Re: Bibliography on this site

Postby Gemini_Takeshu » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:54 am

indian wrote:how would i do a works cited -or bibliography on this website..considering that no ONE person has written or sponsored this site =S

Can someone tell me too? I need to know...and soon...
Gemini_Takeshu

Postby Saturn » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:07 am

:? :? Wish I could help.

You could try e-mailing the administrator, but I doubt whether he, or the moderators are still alive.

That's all I can think of, sorry.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Nowadays URLs are usually accepted as reference, even in some refereed journals, with the common-sense admonition that it should be a reasonably well acknowledged and stable site. In your bib you could just put some variation of:

Personal communication, John Keats Forum (internet discussion board), URL=http://www.john-keats.com/phpboard/

Or some such. If it's for a publication, I'm sure the referee or editor will complain if he/she doesn't like it :) If it's for an essay, it should be good enough (any university don who doesn't accept URL references these days needs to be educated on the subject!)
Despondence

Postby Gemini_Takeshu » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:26 pm

Well, I have a specific request from my teacher for having the author and title and when it was made and all that...so... Any idea where to find that?
Gemini_Takeshu

Postby Despondence » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:09 pm

Err....find what? Are we talking about a book here? I thought you wanted to cite the Forum as your source of information, in which case "author and title" is an N/A.
Despondence

Return to Help and Homework