Bards of Passion and of Mirth Presentation

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Bards of Passion and of Mirth Presentation

Postby Light Rocket » Mon May 02, 2005 4:16 pm

I'm already doomed in this project/presentation (going into the class in fifteen minutes,) but my curiosity always gets the better of me.

I also hope that no one has already started a topic on this, but I searched for the poem, and found nothing, and it's too late to keep searching.

I'm doing a presentation on Keats, and it's gotten me really interested in his poetry, but there seems to be little if any commentary on his ode, 'Bards of Passion and of Mirth.' Since that's the poem I chose, and I was too headstrong to change, that's what I'm doing. But, I enjoy his poetry now, and my morbid curiosity is making me post this.

What elements does Keats use in the ode? I've gotten the two extremely simple ones, of repetition and allusions to Greek mythology on 'Elysian lawns' and 'Dian's fawns', but I've now got this insatiable urge to know all that I missed. (I know I had to have missed some, since I'm absolutely horrible at picking through poems.)

Any comments are appreciated, and, if there's already a post on this, you're free to disbar me from the Woolsworth. :wink:
Light Rocket

Return to Help and Homework