Odes: Are they connected?

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Odes: Are they connected?

Postby Steen » Tue May 10, 2005 10:37 pm

I read an intresting qustion: Do you think Keat's odes are connected to each other showing a development of the poet?

Well I know the odes all have common themes, such as death, love, beauty and shortness of beauty, but was wondering if you lot think that the odes are connected?
Do they have much in common or are they seprate works.
You don't love a women because she is beatiful, she is beatiful because you love her.
Steen

Postby Fred » Wed May 11, 2005 11:55 am

I am answering this at school with someone else so...
We think that it is easier to link the narrative poems.
Ode to psyche and Greician Urn are routed in mythology which is a typical trait of romantics. While Nightingale and Melencholy are more individual because they show Keatsean pain etc.

The final Ode To autum is the epitiny of his work and is back to romanticness.
Anyway here is my input you'd need to know some kind of timeline for this question,
(IS it an essay Q?)
But you could also do it by use of examples of style and language technicques like synastia and epithets. Also how he combines and creates words and images very simply as compared to theearlier work and examples of hyperion. :roll:
My imagination is a monastery, and I am its monk. You must explain my metaphors to yourself.
Fred

Return to Help and Homework