Books and articles

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Books and articles

Postby Machlath » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Does anybody know about good books or articles that explain Keats' writing style, purpose and meaning. I am asking not for analysis of specific pieces, just a general interpretation of the poet. His ideals, meaning and message he was trying to deliver, what is it, how does he do it, what style, figurative language, rhetorical devices and sentence structure does he use in his writing. Also how long did it take him to write each piece and how did he perceive poetry, his attitude to it and his source of inspiration to the topics he chose.
Thanks.
K
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,--that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know" , John Keats.
Machlath

Re: Books and articles

Postby AsphodelElysium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:55 am

Check out Walter Jackson Bate's biography of Keats. He goes into excruciating detail about Keats's methods.
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Re: Books and articles

Postby Machlath » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Thank you so much!! :)
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,--that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know" , John Keats.
Machlath

Return to Help and Homework