Significane of dreams in Keat's expression of the imagina!!!

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Significane of dreams in Keat's expression of the imagina!!!

Postby meoww » Wed May 20, 2009 8:28 am

Hi,

I have an essay due soon

Topic: Drawing upon specific poems, discuss the significance of dreams in Keats's expression of the imagination

I am thinking about doin Odes on a Gercian urn, Odes to Pyche and Odes to the Nightingale, any better suggestions??. I'm not exactly sure thou about the significance of the dreams. I think the dreams/ imaginations all connect to the desire/admiration of immorality constrasting with the mortal.

Any other suggestions about the significane??

Thank you very much!!
Last edited by meoww on Thu May 28, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
meoww

Re: ODES HELP PLZ!!!

Postby BrokenLyre » Sun May 24, 2009 1:36 am

You mentioned: "discuss the significance of dreams in Keats's expression of the imagination". I think this is the easier of the two choices you mentioned. For what it's worth, all the Odes use imagination. But if you want to compare/contrast two Odes, I suggest "Ode to Psyche" and "Ode to Nightingale." The first is drenched with Greek imaginative reflection with application to Keats' own poetic desires ("I will be thy priest"). Nightingale is also imaginative but very confessional in style with more personal reflections drawing from both Greek and Biblical imagery ("through the sad heart of Ruth..."). The voices are different in each poem, the tone is different and yet there are similarities between them. That's what I would do.. Hope this helps.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Re: Significane of dreams in Keat's expression of the imagina!!!

Postby meoww » Thu May 28, 2009 2:31 am

thx, thats very helpful..i think i am gona do the imaginations...it does seems easier and a lot more to talk about
meoww

Return to Help and Homework