I need a help

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

I need a help

Postby Mrs Ghada Marie » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:43 am

I am a lecturer of English Literature inIraq.

I used to write articles and publish them in local journals that deal with Literature and English Poetry but,due to the situation in my country , it is becoming very difficult to do that nowadays as many of these journals have stopped publishing.

I would be grateful if you could direct me to the e mail addresses / websites of journals that can assess and /or publish my new articles. I can send these articles by e mail.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regads,

Mrs Ghada Marie
Mrs Ghada Marie

Postby Despondence » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:00 pm

Hello Mrs Marie - I read your post with interest, though I'm afraid I do not know many journals of this kind. Since you are posting this in a Keats forum I take it you have some interest in Keats, so maybe you should contact the people at the Keats-Shelley association and ask their advice - here's the link: http://www.rc.umd.edu/ksaa/ksaa.html
If you click on "other resources" there are some links that may also be of interest to you.

I'm very sorry to hear that literature and publication is suffering from the situation in your country. If you don't mind my asking, have these publishers you used to employ gone completely out of business, or are they waiting for the situation to change?

Sorry I can't be of more help; good luck with your (re)search!
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:52 am

This is a sad tale - damn George W and Tony Blair to hell :evil:

Isn't ironic that the so-called bastions of 'Freedom' and 'Democracy'; America and Britain, have created a situation where literature, the very cornerstone of Democracy and free thought is opprerssed and marginalised due to the vagaries of internicene fighting engendered by their futile and unneccessary war :?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:49 pm

Wow, how tragic! I really wish I could help. I concur with Despondence's suggestion of trying the Keats-Shelley Association. . . but beyond that, I'm afraid I'm at a loss.

This is really a testament to how conflict between nations affects every aspect of life, isn't it?
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Return to Help and Homework