Help on finding biography of Keat's school friend

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Help on finding biography of Keat's school friend

Postby catlover » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:02 am

Has anyone ever seen a biography on John Keat's school friend Edward Holmes? I keep seeing information on the book he wrote about the composer Mozart but nothing about his life.Any information would be greatly appreciated.
catlover

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Hey Catlover! (Love your screen name, as I'm a cat lover, too :) )
I have NO idea where to find a good bio on Holmes. Whenever I have to look for obscure books, I go to amazon.com or abebooks.com and just do a search. You might come across something that way--or just google his name. It's amazing the stuff you can find through google! :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:51 pm

I googled his name and looked for about ten minutes but he seems not to have a biography - found lots of books written BY him, but so far none ABOUT him.

Good luck anyway :D

You could try http://wikipedia.org/ perhaps :?:
Last edited by Saturn on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby catlover » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:03 am

Well you both are really helpful.I'm glad Malia you are a fellow cat lover.Somehow cats and books go together.Thanks for looking Saturn.You are a great help.I did check the link you gave me and it came up with lots of names referring to Holmes but it will take me a while to come across the right one.I am still going to search and I will post something if I find more information.Normally I am lucky in this respect.I once bought an old girls annual and found a memoir by Mary Cowden Clark Charle's wife.It was interesting to read what he was like in the eyes of other people.

Once again thank you and the search continues.Take care. :wink:
catlover

Return to Help and Homework