heLP on analyis please

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

heLP on analyis please

Postby Guest » Thu May 22, 2003 1:59 pm

I NEEED HELP ANALYIS ON POEM TO AUTUMN

have a question

Postby msanz » Fri May 23, 2003 1:37 am

if somebody can help me, please!! I have two questions a need to answer; first: why Keats is often considered the poet of the senses?......
second:what's Keats attitude toward art as contained in his poetry?
msanz

Postby Endymion » Sat May 24, 2003 9:27 pm

Guest - I'm afraid your're going to have to be a little more specific than that. I'm not going to do anybody's homework for them, but I might be able to point you in the right direction.

msanz - If you look at Keats' poems you'll find they are often said to radiate "sensuousness" - I think this is a pretty good word to use as for Keats what the poet feels, hears, what he touches or the atmospheres he experiences and the elation that comes from these experiences define his poetry - it is what really matters to him, and that is why he writes about them so beautifully.

Q. 2: His attitude? I think Keats would have analysed art very closely, and clearly it was an important part of his charachter to love art as a romanticist. Going by the knowledge we have of his love of Greek art and cultute; I think he would have loved sculpture and architecture by men long dead much more than by any modern artist.
"He Stood in His Shoes and he Wondered
He Wondered
He Stood in his Shoes and He Wondered."
Endymion

to autmn

Postby jenimaneeza » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:49 pm

For To autmn notice that each verse is a progression through the season, at the end of the poem keats describes the migration of the swallows. It lierally seems to get colder throughout the poem with the varying descriptions. At the beginning everything is lush and ripe as if ready to burst. keats even describes it as 'o'er brimmed'
notice how this is a dedication to autmn, it could be said autmn is personified,given human characteristics. Keats refer to autumn having hair. The personification is with this view femenine
jenimaneeza

Return to Help and Homework