Source of Quotation

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: Source of Quotation

Postby Malia » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:45 pm

I always thought he chose the bassoon because 1) He liked the sound and "feel" of the word, itself and 2) because it was perhaps one of the less famous orchestra instruments and Keats always stood up for the under-represented. :wink:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Re: Source of Quotation

Postby Raphael » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Malia wrote:I always thought he chose the bassoon because 1) He liked the sound and "feel" of the word, itself and 2) because it was perhaps one of the less famous orchestra instruments and Keats always stood up for the under-represented. :wink:

And what you have just said too! I rather like the word too- funnily enough a radio DJ here (Chris Evans) had a thing about bassoons a few months ago- interviewing a bassoon player and getting her to talk about it, and then trying to find music to play on his show that included bassoons! If Bright Star had been out then I would have texted his show about the Human Orchestra! :D
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Previous

Return to Help and Homework