HELP, i have an exam on monday!

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

HELP, i have an exam on monday!

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:20 pm

hi all...i have an ELIT4 (wjec) A2 exam on monday which is about keats selected poems and letters, however i think we will only be tested on poems, i am just wondering who did this exam last year on any exam on keats and what kind of questions do you think will come up?
i'm really stressing about it! as i dont really feel ready for the exam because i am dreading writing an essay on poems at that really is my weak spot to write about poems, any tips you can give me?

thank you for your help! its much appreciated! :D
pinky

Postby Saturn » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:20 pm

Sorry never heard of this exam - what country are you from?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Saturn wrote:Sorry never heard of this exam - what country are you from?

LONDON! UK!lol, the exam board is WJEC, and its ELIT4( which is keats) A2 exam
Last edited by pinky on Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinky

Postby Malia » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Well, I'm from America and have never had A4's, but I would expect that if they want to test your Knowledge on Keats, they'd at least hit on some basics. For example, they might ask you how Keats employs his ideas of "light and shade" in his poems--you can find examples of *that* in nearly all his great poems. They may also ask about negative capability (the ability to live in doubts and uncertainties without reaching after facts). Those are just some general, basic thoughts. I had a friend in college whose final oral report for graduation was to discuss Keats's use of personification in "To Autumn". They probably won't ask you about Keats's political leanings (how they appear in his poetry or what they were in contrast to other poets or his generation as a whole)--but who knows? They may ask you to explore Keats's concept of Beauty and what it means to him. Or how Keats is a representative of Romantic thinking (maybe compared or contrasted to his contemporaries). These are some basic things that they might ask about. Hope it helps :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:24 pm

Malia wrote:Well, I'm from America and have never had A4's, but I would expect that if they want to test your Knowledge on Keats, they'd at least hit on some basics. For example, they might ask you how Keats employs his ideas of "light and shade" in his poems--you can find examples of *that* in nearly all his great poems. They may also ask about negative capability (the ability to live in doubts and uncertainties without reaching after facts). Those are just some general, basic thoughts. I had a friend in college whose final oral report for graduation was to discuss Keats's use of personification in "To Autumn". They probably won't ask you about Keats's political leanings (how they appear in his poetry or what they were in contrast to other poets or his generation as a whole)--but who knows? They may ask you to explore Keats's concept of Beauty and what it means to him. Or how Keats is a representative of Romantic thinking (maybe compared or contrasted to his contemporaries). These are some basic things that they might ask about. Hope it helps :)

thanx..
its not A4 i sed A2 i dnt think A4 exists! but the exam code is elit4 i think like my other exam is elit5 and elit 6 but its all A2 exams
pinky

Postby dks » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:28 pm

Yes...but the tip requires reading and familiarizing yourself with a secondary, critic's work: Stuart Sperry. The book is called "Keats the Poet." It concentrates on some his chief works (odes included) and emphasizes the unique development of his poetic process. :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Return to Help and Homework