MY EXAM QUESTION TODAY WAS...

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

MY EXAM QUESTION TODAY WAS...

Postby pinky » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:26 pm

hi all, i posted previously regarding help for my exam today, it was an option of 2 questions i picked 1 which was like this

'keats's most successfull poems mix pain and pleasure' discuss this, with careful consideration on keats' techniques, use at least 2 poems. (well something like that anyway)

i was just wondering if i answered it right, i picked more then 2 poems to talk bout seperatly and together, quoting where he uses pleasure and pain, and his other techniques, and also used a few critical opinions. i wrote about the following poems:

-ode on a grecian urn
-la belle damn sans merci
-to autumn
and another i cant quiet remember

sooo what do you think of this question??? :D
pinky

Re: MY EXAM QUESTION TODAY WAS...

Postby Malia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 pm

pinky wrote:hi all, i posted previously regarding help for my exam today, it was an option of 2 questions i picked 1 which was like this

'keats's most successfull poems mix pain and pleasure' discuss this, with careful consideration on keats' techniques, use at least 2 poems. (well something like that anyway)

i was just wondering if i answered it right, i picked more then 2 poems to talk bout seperatly and together, quoting where he uses pleasure and pain, and his other techniques, and also used a few critical opinions. i wrote about the following poems:

-ode on a grecian urn
-la belle damn sans merci
-to autumn
and another i cant quiet remember

sooo what do you think of this question??? :D

That's an excellent question :) I would have chosen Ode to a Nightingale because he seems to be moving swiftly back and forth from pleasure to pain--from immortality to mortality-in that poem.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci is a great choice--and so is TO Autumn. The "pleasure and pain" could easily introduce Keats's concepts of Light and Shade and how the two are necessary to create depth and meaning.

I hope you do well with your score, Pinky :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Good question - I would have went for La Belle Dame and maybe Lamia...

Good luck on your results Pinky ....and the brain narf!!!!

I used to love that show :shock: :lol:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Oooo, very good question! Supposing it were me answering it, I'd probably choose "La Belle Dame" myself for one of them (very good choice), and possibly "Ode to Melancholy" for the other, if for no other reason than to pick something different than the rest of you. :wink: :lol:
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Malia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:51 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:Oooo, very good question! Supposing it were me answering it, I'd probably choose "La Belle Dame" myself for one of them (very good choice), and possibly "Ode to Melancholy" for the other, if for no other reason than to pick something different than the rest of you. :wink: :lol:

Oh, Credo! I love your avitar! Now you've inspired me. I really do have to figure out how to get one, myself. . .
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:55 pm

It's easy peasy - if all else fails send me the picture you'd like and I will do the honours Malia :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 pm

Malia wrote:Oh, Credo! I love your avitar! Now you've inspired me. I really do have to figure out how to get one, myself. . .

Thankee! :D This is one I made for a batch of Pride and Prejudice LJ icons, but haven't used it for anything yet. Figured this is a good place for it!

I finally got it to work by using the last option for linking to a URL rather than uploading, as Saturn suggested.
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Malia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:
Malia wrote:Oh, Credo! I love your avitar! Now you've inspired me. I really do have to figure out how to get one, myself. . .

Thankee! :D This is one I made for a batch of Pride and Prejudice LJ icons, but haven't used it for anything yet. Figured this is a good place for it!

I finally got it to work by using the last option for linking to a URL rather than uploading, as Saturn suggested.

I think I figured it out! :shock: Eee-gads! Miracles *do* happen.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Now all we need is for Denise to get one....
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:20 pm

Don't you all love my icon? Simple, understated, not too loud...

for I don't have one... :evil: :roll:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:20 pm

:lol: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby pinky » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:42 pm

oohh thank god! cos i've never been to good at poetry! i hope i do well aswel. thank you people! and yeh it was a good question. the other question was about la belle damn sans merci and compare or something to another poem, but personally i preferred to write about a variety of poems....i wrote like 4pages or something, and the teachers gave us 15mins extra without realising :lol: was meant to be 1hr 1/4 but dey gave us 1hr 1/2! LOL :lol: so i had more time to write hehe
pinky

Postby Saturn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:42 pm

Nice one :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Malia wrote:
Credo Buffa wrote:

I think I figured it out! :shock: Eee-gads! Miracles *do* happen.

Maila! :shock: Is that the Keats kitty at Hampstead in your avatar? I saw him in January!! Would he? Would he come back as an orange tabby?? I don't think so--it's probably Brown. :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Maila! :shock: Is that the Keats kitty at Hampstead in your avatar? I saw him in January!! Would he? Would he come back as an orange tabby?? I don't think so--it's probably Brown. :wink:

Yes, I snagged that pic off of the Keats House website :) I agree. . .I don't think Keats would come back as a cat--maybe a bird ;) I could see Brown coming back as a Tom cat--having his way with every female in sight and then leaving them pregnant and alone :roll:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Next

Return to Help and Homework