mythology in keats' poetry

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

mythology in keats' poetry

Postby jenimaneeza » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:42 pm

i wondered if anyone could suggest any 'pithy' quotes on mythology in keats poetry. Or suggest how they might tackle a question concerning keats' use of mythology throughout his poetry, linking that to other factors. I have my A2 exam on monday and i am pretty ok on everything except for if i get a question on myth. I know there is lots but where and how do i use it????? :(
jenimaneeza

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:58 pm

:D
Hey, thanks for that info!!!! One interesting thing about mythology i have found is :
The Ancient Greeks had many Gods which represented natural objects, like Helios the Sun God. This helped them to explain the world around them. This is a culture Keats regularly adopts like in 'To Autumn'. The title itself is a direct personal communication to the season, resulting in Keats personifying Autumn as a living entity, just like the ways of the Ancient Greeks!!!

If you want to continue swapping info like this, i'm up for it!!!!
use my email:
mark.stanbridge@blueyonder.co.uk
hope to hear from ya soon!!!
Mark

Mythology

Postby Hannah » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:13 pm

Hi all

I aso have the v. scary A2 paper on Monday! Dont worry too much about Mythology as it came up on the January retake this year. My teacher said that the best way to answer this question was to talk about the way Keats uses mythology to express other things such as his feelings about love, life and death and poetry. Good poems to use are The fall of Hyperion, Ode on a Grecian Urn, Ode to Psyche and Endymion. Also On First looking into Chapmans Homer is good for talking about Keats passion for Mythology.

Hope that helps and good luck for Monday, I think were all going to need it!!

Hannah

:?
Hannah

Return to Help and Homework