JOHN KEATS

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

JOHN KEATS

Postby CONRAD BROWN » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:55 pm

John keats often writes about two different world in his poetry. Imagination and reality. He has stated that he would rather live in the imagination world than reality.
What caused him to dislike the reality world and why?
Is it because of his parents/brothers death?

Any help will be great, thanks.
CONRAD BROWN

Postby corydroid » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:29 am

John Keats was often a daydreamer. In school, students remembered him fanaticizing instead of taking notes. It's my belief that anyone who is so devoted to reading books, as he was, probably has a very vivid and active imagination. I believe that Keats, as a poet, was very much caught up in enjoying and experiencing the beauty of everything in life, as well as the beauty of everything.

I don’t believe that anything Keats experienced in his life really led to him being a dreamer, it’s just something he grew fond to. When he went to Enfeild, and met Charles Cowden Clarke, it unlocked a whole new world of amusement for him: reading. From there, I think, he just became really adamant about imagining and expressing things.
"Oh sister, O daughter of Giuki, O child of my mother's womb
, By what death shall the Niblungs perish, what day is the day of their doom?"-Hogni
"Ye shall die to-day, Oh brethren, at the hands of a king forsworn."-Gudrun
corydroid

Return to Help and Homework