Swan & Hoop, 24 Finsbury Pavement, Moorfields (Now Moorg

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Swan & Hoop, 24 Finsbury Pavement, Moorfields (Now Moorg

Postby rolykeates » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:59 pm

Hello All,

I'm starting back on my research on John Keates along with my family tree to see if it is possible I could be related.

Has anyone ever visited 24, Finsbury Pavement, Moorfields, (Now Moorgate) London? Where John Keats was born?

I'm trying to find some old photos of London back in the 1700's with little or no luck, has anyone ever found this information?

Thanks

Roly Keates
rolykeates

Postby dks » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:25 am

Not as of yet. I will be there in January, though. I plan to go there and Enfield--where Clarke's used to be.

RK, might you have John Keats's blood coursing through your very veins?? :shock:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby rolykeates » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:25 am

dks wrote:Not as of yet. I will be there in January, though. I plan to go there and Enfield--where Clarke's used to be.

RK, might you have John Keats's blood coursing through your very veins?? :shock:

Clarke's?

I have been a poet for over 20 years and I have wrote about many different situations, from my time in Buddhism to some hard drinking days, poetry is an expression on how you feel and I'm sure JK never wrote erotic poetry or puns!!!!!!!! :lol:

As for the curse of TB, I can admit I have never had TB, however my wife has had TB in the bone (which is extremely rare) It was either caused by stepping on a rusty nail which had sent a shock through her system, digging in the garden with a trowel and cats had used that area for pooing in (cats poo is very toxic), or it could have been when she was a medical representative for a pharmaceutical company, where she had to go into a TB hospital, we will never know
Visit the Keates family website - www.keatesbyname.com
rolykeates

Postby Saturn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:17 pm

rolykeates wrote:I have been a poet for over 20 years and I have wrote about many different situations, from my time in Buddhism to some hard drinking days, poetry is an expression on how you feel and I'm sure JK never wrote erotic poetry or puns!!!!!!!! :lol:

Could we possibly persuade you to post any of your poems on here?

It would be such an honour to have a possible descendant of the man himself post his own work :shock:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby rolykeates » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Could we possibly persuade you to post any of your poems on here?

It would be such an honour to have a possible descendant of the man himself post his own work :shock:

Here goes - I let you dissect it, please give me your comments good and bad. More poetry can be found at http://www.keatesbyname.com/index.php?categoryid=10&PHPSESSID=211a06f8c2cd433cf14976abdb4f0f6d

Adventure of a ball©
By Roland Keates

As I get thrown around the heavens
Nothing goes through my mind
The children play with me
Next to the mountains sky
I’m a complacent little ball.

I hear the slow trickle of the water
I’m getting thrown higher and higher
Into the sky with ease
With one careless throw
I’m in the mountain stream.

I’m just a little ball
With no family to mention
As steadily getting tossed around
Bobbing and moving
With out interruption or hesitation.

No thoughts of where I’ll end up
Not a care in the world
Going with the mountains drift
Along the current of life
Taking the natural path.

As I ride the rapids of the future
The stream begins to become the river
So wide so dangerous
Getting sucked under with the under current
With the faith knowing I’ll never drown.

Over the waterfall I drop
Floating on life’s air
With a splash down
Is my sure delight?
Basking in the sunlight.

Making my way to the sea
Which is uncharted
Sometimes calm, sometimes rough
Life starts as a stream
It grows and grows until it becomes the sea.
Visit the Keates family website - www.keatesbyname.com
rolykeates

Return to Help and Homework