Burns Cottage

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Burns Cottage

Postby Raphael » Mon May 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Here is a link to Robert's cottage- you can take a virtual tour!

http://www.burnsheritagepark.com/attraction.php?id=1
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Re: Burns Cottage

Postby Malia » Tue May 11, 2010 3:39 am

Thanks for that, Raphael :) I was disappointed not to be able to visit the inside of the cottage on my trip in November--it was under heavy renovation/construction at the time. I was able to visit most--if not all--of the other attractions on the list, though! I can only imagine how beautiful a place Alloway (and Ayr) is to visit in Springtime. Aside from the torrent of rain we huddled through (November was the month of the great floods), I thought Alloway and Ayr were just wonderful.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Re: Burns Cottage

Postby Raphael » Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Malia wrote:Thanks for that, Raphael :) I was disappointed not to be able to visit the inside of the cottage on my trip in November--it was under heavy renovation/construction at the time. I was able to visit most--if not all--of the other attractions on the list, though! I can only imagine how beautiful a place Alloway (and Ayr) is to visit in Springtime. Aside from the torrent of rain we huddled through (November was the month of the great floods), I thought Alloway and Ayr were just wonderful.

I would love to visit Robert's Cottage! Also that of John Clare's and of course Wentworth Place- these are my 3 top places to visit. All I need is a bloody job so I can afford to realise my wish.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Miscellaneous